Queen’s Roger Taylor expecting Adam Lambert to have a different reaction in Europe

Adam Lambert on stage with Queen (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)
Adam Lambert on stage with Queen (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Adam Lambert on stage with Queen (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Ever since Queen and Adam Lambert joined forces once again for their massive summer tour this year many fans have been hoping that the final outcome would be new recordings by the supergroup.

Adam, without a shadow of a doubt, does an incredible job as lead vocalist for the legendary rock band and it’s no wonder that everyone including Queen are constantly full of praise.

Freddie Mercury himself was a huge character, so it’s no wonder Lambert is a perfect fit, we couldn’t imagine anyone else taking on that role right now.

Queen drummer Roger Taylor spoke recently with Billboard and was once again gushing over the American Idol star when speaking about how he fitted into the band.

Adam Lambert on stage with Queen (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Adam Lambert on stage with Queen (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Queen and Adam have just announced some new shows together, which will see them taking to the stages in various venues across Europe and the UK. Roger thinks it will be an altogether different vibe for Lambert to be playing to a crowd away from home.

“The European dates will be interesting for Adam because I think he’s more known in the States and places like Australia than he is in Europe.” Taylor explained.

“But it’s been fantastic everywhere. Every night, every place we went, the reception was tremendous…it was great with Adam, I have to say. He really fitted in beautifully.”

The possibility of Adam recording music with Queen has also been a talking point and Roger addressed this in the interview with Billboard stating that he’s “sure” they will enter a studio together soon.

Queen drummer Roger Taylor (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Queen drummer Roger Taylor (Photo Credit: Neal Preston)

Taylor explained that it would be an “interesting experiment” but isn’t sure if it would involve anything as large as an album due to various commitments and scheduling difficulties.

“I guess we better come up with some material. We’ve sort of mentioned it, yeah, but not in a serious way. I think we’ll probably get this upcoming European tour over with and maybe come up while we’re touring, ‘Do you want to go in and try to write something?'”

What do you think Glamberts? We all know you’re waiting on Adam’s solo release but wouldn’t it be interesting, and great for his CV to have music released with Queen? Surely that would send his name around the world and not just have him known in the States?

Related: ,

1. Jacqui on October 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Adam is already well known in Europe and the UK. He did a world tour for his first Solo album and he promoted his 2nd album over here too. So I think people will be pleased that he’s back again with Queen. I know I am, got tickets already and can’t wait to see them. A match made in heaven.

2. Sam on October 28, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Roger Taylor is such a talented and intelligent guy.

It’s true that Adam Lambert is not well known in the UK. However, if Queen and Adam record some new music together AND headline in the Glastonbury Festival in 2015, then Adam will become more well known in the UK AND will get the recognition he deserves.

3. Dinahhmite on October 28, 2014 at 3:38 pm

It is the BEST that Roger AND Brian truly love Adam! Seriously, what’s not to love? 😉 As far as them recording together, that remains to be seen… Adam has his OWN album to work on for the time being. If it comes to pass, the world would be a better place for it! And I think Adam is pretty well known all over the globe, NO PROBLEM! ALL GOOD 🙂 Europe will be taken by #TheAdamStorm as America was!

4. kitty on October 28, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Adam has managed to win over many long-time Queen fans with his incredible voice and stage presence. Brian and Roger know they have a real gem onstage with them, and they have been very eager to say so on numerous occasions. I hope the European and UK concert-goers welcome Adam warmly. As Roger said, his voice is one in a billion. It would be fantastic if Brian, Roger and Adam recorded new music together. A match made in heaven.

5. Ruth on October 28, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Thank you for such a great article. Adam is known in Europe and UK but hasn’t toured there in a while. So this extension of the Queen tour is only icing on the cake for him. I love Europe and many areas of the UK and have learned the people are drawn to real talent so Adam shouldn’t have any problem being accepted once again.

6. Trudy on October 28, 2014 at 6:37 pm

His first solo tour did very well in Europe. I can’t wait to see the reception he gets in Amsterdam and Cologne.

7. Love Adam on October 28, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Adam is an amazing singer in my heart!! I always hoped his new album and The collaboration with band Queen very soon:)

8. Ali on October 28, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Agree with others who have mentioned Adam’s extensive tour of Europe. Actually, he is probably better known there than in the US. There is a strong feeling that US radio has boycotted Adam because of being out and proud. In any case, think he is better known than some think. We’ll see.

9. glamity58 on October 29, 2014 at 3:09 am

Adam is actually loved in parts of Europe, especially Asia. He sold out some huge venues in Finland, South Africa, and smaller venues in Asia. You’d be surprised. It’s the USA that I don’t think has embraced him and his music. They loved him with Queen but he is snubbed from radio and TV for the most part. They will love him in the UK.

10. Karen on October 29, 2014 at 3:27 am

Adam was very well received during the 2012 mini-tour they did together in Europe. I was at the first two Hammersmith concerts and witnessed many, many jaws dragging on the ground as the venue emptied. Video evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IBNdPeg8E

Can’t wait for the next round!

11. Rita on October 29, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Adam is well known in Europe,and I can’t wait to see them alive.I have tickets for Amsterdam and we will give him a very warm welcome.He deserves his place next to Brian,Roger and Freddie but also we still miss John.
    And we all hope that they will make a new cd together.

12. Letizia on October 29, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Adam should bless Queen everyday for giving him this great chance!
    He’s on a stage where he shouldn’t be, was Freddie still alive and with us.
    He was the greatest. He was one in a billion.

13. magsmagenta on October 30, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Letizia, It isn’t your place to say whether Adam should be on that stage or not, Brian and Roger are the ones who have that right and they say he belongs there, and by the way that the tickets for the concerts have been selling it’s obvious that the majority of Queen fans agree with them.
    He has made it obvious how grateful he is of the opportunity to work with them, and he is just as much one in a billion as Freddie.

14. WingedHeart on October 31, 2014 at 7:29 am

Magsmagenta, I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is only Brian and Roger whose opinions truly matter on whether Adam should or should not be on the stage with them. That said, in my opinion, as much as I liked Freddie (and saw him perform live), I like Adam every bit as much, if not more, as the lead singer of Queen. His talent is undeniable. As for them recording new material together — as long as Adam also continues to release his own music, how in the would could it be a bad thing?!? Double the exposure, experience and income for Adam, as well as making MANY new fans as he has been doing with the concerts, plus we get a double dose of that fabulous voice he possesses. I wish they would put out a concert video. Now THAT would really be something fantastic for those of us who could not attend one of the concerts during the Queen + Adam Lambert tour. Having seen Adam live with his own tour, I would certainly jump at the chance to own high quality video and audio of the current one. You know, from everything I’ve read and all the interviews I’ve seen of Adam’s, he is a well-liked, kind, appreciative and philanthropic person. I think he truly deserves all the accolades bestowed on him by Roger and Brian, the audience members who have enjoyed the concerts immensely and, of course, us — his loyal Glamberts. Long live (and sing) the real QUEEN!!!

15. DrakulkaCZ on November 11, 2014 at 11:12 am

I don´t think that there will be something wrong with it. I´m looking forward to see them in Prague. 80% of the tickets is sold without any commertials in the media till today. As soon as they will announce it in TV I know the rest of the tickets will be sold soon. There are no concert dates in Poland or Hungary, all the people will be trevelling somewhere else to see them. Prague has traditionaly good atmosphere, singing people etc. It will be grate!