Lady Gaga & Adam Lambert love in & who brands him ‘amazing’?

Lady Gaga with Brian May (© Instagram)
Photo Credit: Neal Preston

Photo Credit: Neal Preston

We’re not surprised that people continually praise Adam Lambert, he’s a huge talent and Queen fans are getting to experience that as part of their tour.

Of course if you’re reading this and you’ve never heard of Adam Lambert then don’t think for one second he’s a new name on the scene, he’s got a massive following and is always being praised.

His fans, the ‘Glamberts’ are probably one of the most supportive fan bases we’ve ever witnessed, they never seem to have a bad word to say about Adam, it’s refreshing.

Over the past year it seems that almost everyone, including Queen’s Brian May, Nile Rodgers and Avicii, have been gushing over the ‘For Your Entertainment’ powerhouse. This time it’s the turn of ‘Applause’ songstress Lady Gaga, who has been talking about his work with Queen.

While on a break from the Queen tour Adam popped along to see Lady Gaga who is embarking on her ‘artRAVE: The Artpop Tour’ and tweeted: “@ladygaga I’m here girl! I wanted a birds eye view 😉 you’re killin’ it!”

Following her show Lady Gaga then shared a photo of her and Queen guitarist Brian May (seen below) and said: “Me and Brian May from QUEEN.”

“They came tonight to the artRAVE and I’m so PROUD of Adam Lambert singing with them. Made me cry during ‘Dope’ when I saw them all sitting there. I thought about Freddie.”

Lady Gaga with Brian May (© Instagram)

Lady Gaga with Brian May (© Instagram)

Someone else who has been raving about Adam is Gary Stokes, his current sound technician. Stokes has been working on the Queen shows but also does the front of house sound for Lambert’s solo gigs.

Speaking with FOH Online he said that Adam is an “amazing” singer who has “specific needs” while he’s performing on stage and has “an amazing range and pitch”.

“He likes to work the crowd, and get them involved. He’s rare in monitor world in that he wants the full production in his ear…”

Stokes added that he then mixes it like he would if he was doing the front of house sound but he strips back the other vocal elements a bit.

He explained that he also tends to push up other instruments that will give him a good reference for pitch and added that he can’t predict where he’s going to be on stage.

The tech added: “sometimes I can’t see him on this big stage with a big set, and that’s a bit dangerous!”

1. Glamberr on August 21, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Saw Adam and Queen in Detroit. Phenomenal show. Wish I could have seen it more times. They are great together. That was my fourth concert with Adam Lambert. Just can’t get enough of his voice. He and his voice are definitely one of a kind. Got to meet Adam personally at one concert. He is truly a loving, handsome and kind person. What you see in pictures is what you get live. Love him….

2. Sherry on August 21, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I also saw Adam with Queen live twice on this tour if I’d had more money would have seen them in Canada, Australia and NZ. I’ve seen some icons in my lifetime but no solo artist or band can top Adam and Queen. If Elvis & Freddie were still alive they would be raving about Adam’s vocal abilities and stage presence. Adam is definitely the perfect fit for Queen.

3. Canadiann on August 21, 2014 at 6:23 pm

I attended two shows on the Queen + Adam tour and both shows were incredible. Adam’s vocals and stage presence were phenominal. Queen definitely made the right decision to tour with him. The entire audience was affected by the love and joy that eminated from the stage. It infused the crowd and enhanced the amazing performance to create a unique and wonderful experience. I wish I could have attended more shows.

4. Trudy on August 21, 2014 at 8:07 pm

OMG! GaGa tweeted a compliment to Adam!

5. Sandy on August 21, 2014 at 8:11 pm

My sister and I saw the kick off show in Chicago. It left us both wanting more, more, more. Queen and Adam Lambert is the best I have ever seen. If you get the opportunity to see them, buy your ticket now. Show of a lifetime.

6. Tristen on August 21, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Glamberts NEVER have a bad word to say about Adam, but WATCH out if you are voicing your opinion about Adam and it sounds even a little bit negative; they will tear you apart, just because you think differently than they do!

I love Gaga! Can’t wait to see her perform live soon! For her sake, I hope all the die-hard Glamberts are satisfied with her Adam comments! I can’t tell you how many Glamberts were VICIOUSLY ripping Gaga apart, when she never commented on Adam’s performenance of her song “Marry the Night” on Glee!

7. GaryS. on August 21, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Oh, No! He sings with full production in his ears! He’s going to be deaf, by the time he is 40! When Sting was younger, when he sang with the Police, he sang with full production in his ears! By the time he was 50, he was hard-of-hearing and also had tinnitus in one ear (constant ringing that can’t be cured).

8. JLM on August 21, 2014 at 10:10 pm

This tour is truly Epic!! I saw Queen and Adam Lambert at the Forum in LA. It was the best concert I have ever seen. Just breath taking and Adam is phenomenal! Great to hear that other artist are speaking up because that is some mega talent Adam has. And by the way, Brian May and Roger Taylor are still amazing too, along with Brian’s son Rufus who can kick some buns on the drums like his dad.