Adam Lambert recorded ‘Lay Me Down’ hungover according to Avicii

Swedish DJ Avicii recently appeared at the annual iTunes Festival in London and performed a smash hit set which ended with his collaboration with Adam Lambert and Nile Rodgers.

The collaboration ‘Lay Me Down’ has proven highly successful with fans of all parties involved but Avicii has revealed that Adam Lambert recorded his vocals while hungover.

The track has featured on Avicii’s debut album ‘True’ which was released today in the UK and tomorrow in the US (17th September).

Avicii spoke recently about the track and said how excited he had been to work with Adam Lambert and said:

”I really fell in love with his voice. He just captured something on that first take.”

The DJ, real name Tim Bergling also spoke with Juice FM and praised Adam. He also spoke about how perfect his vocals were despite being a little hungover from the night before: “Adam was hungover because he had been up partying, and he came down and he sang it and that’s the same take that’s in the release. It’s same one that he did when he was hungover.”

Avicii concluded: “He is a phenomenal singer.”

‘True’ which is Avicii’s first album will include the hit tracks ‘Wake Me Up’ and ‘You Make Me’ which features vocals from Swedish singer Salem Al Fakir.

Adam Lambert also looks set to appear on hit TV show Glee when the show returns from a brief hiatus.

Adam+Lambert+Arrivals+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+efgmUu8nS6IlWhile the song choices have yet to be revealed rumour mills are spinning and some are expecting some sort of Lady Gaga/Katy Perry mashup.

Some are also speculating that Adam Lambert will take on the role of a drag queen and while these are just rumours for now many fans don’t want to see him taking on this role.

What do you think? What sort of role would you like to see him take on? Have you heard ‘Lay Me Down’? If you’re a fan of any of the guys involved chances are you have but nothing wrong with hearing it again, right?

1. Yvette on September 16, 2013 at 7:38 pm

NOOO! I don’t want to see Adam as a ‘Drag Queen’ on Glee. Adam is FINALLY going to have platform to showcase his Phenomenal Voice to America again, PLEASE producers of Glee…Just let Adam sing his Ass Off! Adam said over and over..”This is about singing, nothing else”. “My Sexuality does Not define me”., People refer to Adam as the “Gay Guy”, not That Phenomenal Singer, as they should. Everything Extraordinary Adam has done get’s overlooked by most Americans because of Their focus on him being Gay first. I know, because I hear it all the time when I mention how FANTASTIC ADAM LAMBERT IS…”Oh, you mean that gay guy”. NO ONE gave a care about Freddie Mercury, Elton John, David Bowie, or any others sexuality, (and everyone knew)` they SANG THEIR ASSES OFF and were Phenomenal. Of course be open about who you are, that’s WHY I love Adam so very much, but please, the SINGING~ The Mind-Blowing, Jaw-Dropping, Other-Worldly VOICE is what the world wants to hear! Glamily has been waiting so very long for Adams redeemtion…Please don’t blow it and slap a label across his back again…Just SANG!

2. Glamberr on September 16, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Why would Avicii say that Adam sang while suffering from a hangover. Because of Adam, he has had all of the Glamberts listening to his song. None of us ever heard of him. The song is great, but only because of Adam’s phenominal voice.

3. magsmagenta on September 16, 2013 at 8:30 pm

@Glamberr Avicii said it because it’s true, Nile Rogers said the same thing. Nile said that he called Adam to work on the song one morning, and Adam said he had a hangover, but he still agreed to come over and work on the song with them that same morning because Nile asked him to. Avicii isn’t trying to say anything bad about Adam, he’s paying him a complement.

4. Beeoggy on September 16, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Adam sings lay me down is really great, avicii falls in love Adam ‘s voice, it is definitely . I love adam’s voice so so much 🙂

5. Adoran on September 16, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I’ve been loved Adam sing with band queen than glee . Because he is very best , when he was singing with queen,

6. Barbara on September 16, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Adam’s vocals have been perfect for so long now he doesn’t know any other way to sing.

On Glee I would like to see him as a producer of a broadway show that he is recruiting the hs graduates for.

7. carter setterlund on September 17, 2013 at 12:25 am

Avicii concluded: “He is a phenomenal singer.” 🙂

8. Ohyeah on September 17, 2013 at 2:27 am

Once again it comes out that Adam is a drunk. Glee should be more sensitive about this considering how Cory died. And about the song, I’d like to see disco remain dead.

9. MalsDoxy on September 17, 2013 at 3:14 am

Ohyeah um WHAT? Mr Lambert can party but he’s a drunk? sorry, but no, you are incorrect- he is VERY professional when it comes to working, every interviewer and photographer and journalist who has dealt with him say he’s the nicest and most professional artist they’ve ever worked with as well as very articulate. Avicii is a fan of the man and the music he creates

10. Ohyeah on September 17, 2013 at 3:22 am

Really? EVERY interviewer/photographer/journalist has said he the NICEST and MOST professional artist that they’ve EVER worked with? Step away from the kool-aid…you guys are just too over the top. And I didn’t say the man did not have a good voice, but there are plenty of documented cases of his drinking, blanking out, using drugs (even admitted from his own mouth).

11. Gleaux on September 17, 2013 at 5:10 am

There are PLENTY of documented cases of co-workers & collaborators saying how hard working and professional Adam is. There are also lots of mentions and pics of him partying and drinking, as many young people do. Adam makes no apologies for living his life how he sees fit. However the only mentions of drug use and blanking out were made by Adam himself in interviews when talking about his “sex,drugs and rock and roll” younger days while performing in “Hair” in Europe and during his “club kid” early 20’s in LA. “Ohyeah”, you obviously have some type of personal agenda prompting you to misrepresent the facts.

12. magsmagenta on September 17, 2013 at 10:58 am

@Ohyeah just crawl back under your bridge will you, no one takes you seriously.

13. Melody on September 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm

OK from what I have read.. Adam went to a good friend’s birthday party.. got a surprise call from NIle about Lay Me Down.. Adam went to studio where he layed down the track and the rest is history.. Really no drama involved..
    As far as Glee.. all a surprise and Adam never fails to deliver .. so I’m just going to
    enjoy whatever Adam does.. Again No drama.LOL

14. Ohyeah on September 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm

@magssmegma — Thanks for the warm words, clearly you are the nicest person ever. I just love how a differing opinion is treated with your amazing kindness. No wonder Adam is seen as a joke most of the time..let him move on past you, he will never become a star with the likes of you dragging him down.

15. magsmagenta on September 17, 2013 at 11:51 pm

There is a difference between having a difference of opinion and being deliberately wrong to get a reaction, the latter is called ‘Trolling’ As for all the ‘You’ll drag Adam down’ stuff, heard it all before, and don’t believe a word of it.

16. Momonysa on September 19, 2013 at 11:44 am

Lay me down so cool, because Adam lambert sings this song, I’m really love only Adam 😉

17. Ohyeah on September 19, 2013 at 5:32 pm

@Gleaux–Why would I have an agenda, other than I do not think Glee should be adding any more substance abusers to their cast. You say it was Adam’s early 20’s, but you are the one misstating the facts. It was less than 2 years ago that he was arrested for a bar fight and he then admitted to drinking too much and blacking out. And now an artist he worked with said he was hungover…these are signs of someone who has a problem with alcohol. But go ahead and attack the messenger if it makes you feel better. I hate to see anyone waste their life on drugs and alcohol like Cory did and I hate to see any teenagers who watch Glee think that it makes them cool or part of the “rock and roll lifestyle”.

18. magsmagenta on September 21, 2013 at 12:07 am

It’s not so much misstating the facts as cherrypicking, exaggeration and taking them out of context, and doing so deliberately so as to make Adam look like he is behaving worse than he is. Taking a few incidents which happened over a number of years and shoe horning them into a couple of paragraphs without taking the context of the incidents into account is deliberate defamation.
    All of these incidents have been discussed before ad-nausium and you dredging it all up again in this way and comparing that with Corys much more serious problems is rather insulting to both of them. Especially when you disguise it as concern for his and viewers welfare.

19. Yvette on September 21, 2013 at 6:37 pm

AMEN SISTA MAGS!!! So well spoken and all true. Lets not even give this complete Off Base, lying, negative person any more energy…shes not worth it! Adam says “LOVE WINS OVER HATE”. Adams caring, kind, sweet, Humble Spirit ooozzes out his every fiber, thats why WE Love him. Only Like Minded souls like us can Comprehend this or Adam. And shes never been Blessed to have been in his Presence to know.

20. Ohyeah on September 21, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Adams says, “Love wins over hate”, well then you aren’t hearing his message because you are treating me like crap because I have told the truth…Adam was arrested and admitted to being blacked out less than two years ago and Adam was hungover when he recently recorded this song. If I were you, I would be more worried about alcohol oozing out of every fiber because most 30-somethings are well past the age where they would drink to the point of being blacked out or hungover. These are signs of an alcohol problem whether you want to admit it or not. All you are doing is putting your head in the sand and attacking me because I have genuinely expressed concern over this. It’s not insulting to worry about an adult having substance abuse problems…even if they are not to the point of dying like Cory did.

21. COURTNEY IN CALI on September 29, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I really don’t feel that it is very impressive that he recorded this song hungover. If I was Avicii, I wouldn’t ask him to sing/write with me again. Your voice cannot be in top shape, if you were out drinking the night before. It is just common descency and respect to not do this to someone that you are working with. If he liked Adam as a person, I would be concerned about him having a drinking problem. I totally agree with Ohyeah!