Adam Lambert reveals his favourite song by Queen

Adam Lambert has been performing with legendary rock band Queen quite a bit recently and the singer has since revealed his favourite Queen song but will it surprise you?

We’ve all got our favourite Queen song. There are so many but for all of us we’ll all have a personal favourite and it could be for any number of reasons.

Since performing with Queen – now led by Brian May and Roger Taylor it’s given Adam Lambert the opportunity to look not only at their biggest hits but into their back catalogue of songs we don’t hear quite so much.

Most of us could name quite a few Queen songs of the top of our heads and I’d be surprised if ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Killer Queen’, ‘Radio Gaga’ or ‘We Are The Champions’ to name a few didn’t pop up in our lists.

For Adam Lambert though you’d expect something with a huge vocal range and something that would allow Lambert to show off his stage presence. Tracks like ‘We Are The Champions’ or ‘Who Wants To Live Forever’ would spring to mind.

Though speaking with Huffington Post Adam Lambert reveals that he finds it difficult to pick a favourite and it’s safe to say that while he can’t pick one, he is fond of quite a few:

“It’s hard to name a favorite, there’s so many great songs,” Lambert says. “I think my favorite out of the more obscure ones was ‘Dragon Attack.’ It’s one that I fell in love with.”

He added: “I don’t know if I could name a favorite. I mean, I think ‘We Are the Champions’ is genius, ‘Who Wants to Live Forever’ is amazing. I love singing ‘Another One Bites the Dust.’”

“That’s probably my favorite up-tempo. And ‘We Will Rock You.’ I mean, I can’t name a favorite — they all have their own character.”

Have you heard ‘Dragon Attack’ before? What is your favourite song by Queen? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter & Facebook.

Related: ,

1. Rich R on December 1, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I fell madly in love with WWTLF when Lambert sang it at iHeart and will have to say it is now my fave.

2. glamity58 on December 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm

After hearing Adam do Dragon Attack with Queen, it was one of my favorites. In addition to that I love “Who Wants to Live Forever,” Another One Bites the Dust,” and Adam kills “Somebody to Love.” Watch him on these songs and you’ll be a fan for life. I was upset that the lead singer of FUN got to do Adam’s best song at the iheart Radio Festival. Adam is the best live singer I’ve seen. He should be hugely popular everywhere. Please tour with Queen Adam.

3. Sherry on December 1, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Well I saw Adam w Queen 2x in London and 1x at iHeartRadio festival in Sept. I still love Bohemian Rhapsody but after watching Adam perform all the classics I really love Who Wants To Live Forever. Adam puts his own flavor on this song and it’s the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard. I also love WATC, AOBTD, SBTL and Dragon Attack. TSMGO is up there in my top 5. No one can perform Queen songs like Adam today.

4. Trudy on December 1, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I watched Adam (via youtube) perform Who Wants to Live Forever during the six concerts in Europe. I think he hit the best “glory” note ever during the last show in London. BUT after seeing the iheart concert I have to admit that was the best performance of WWTLF. He was simply electrifying. I have to agree with glamity58 regarding Somebody to Love. I love Nate of FUN and their music but I didn’t like the “interruption” of the concert. I wanted Adam to be the center of this performance. He is the best rock singer in the world today. (and I hated the puppet thing in Glee…thought it was boring and nonsensical…kept waiting for Adam to break out and give us another “into the stratosphere” note like he did in Marry the Night…guess I have to be patient as he will be in future episodes.)

5. Monykaly 1 on December 1, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I love adam sang ” we will rock you ” very mych. He has popularity with band queen;)

6. Love adam on December 1, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I hope see adam lambert performing with queen again, i enjoyed his all songs with band queen.

7. Barbara on December 2, 2013 at 12:06 am

My favorite is “The Show Must Go On.” I saw all three concerts in London, and they were the best I have ever heard. I have lots of favorites, but I must admit to cold chills when Adam sings “The Show Must Go On.”

8. tia on December 2, 2013 at 12:06 am

my fav song by queen is another one bites the dust i just it and i can shake my ass to it and its a good song

9. Allysa on December 2, 2013 at 12:24 am

Although I like fun, and think Nate’s voice is good, it was almost embarrassing when he sang Somebody to Love. It was totally out of his league, no offense. The duet he and Adam dd was good.

10. Allysa on December 2, 2013 at 12:32 am

Yes, The Show Must Go On, was written by Brian May, while Freddie was dying. They recorded the vocals in one take,, so Freddie never performed it live. Elton John sang it live at the tribute concert. So yes, that song at least the live version sort of belongs to Adam IMO

11. Linda on December 2, 2013 at 1:21 am

Hey Lambert lovers. Search Adam Lambert Bleaulive Miami and you will see yesterday’s concert. In particular, check out Fever and Trespassing and might I add check out the tight jeans and sexy moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. JLM on December 2, 2013 at 7:36 am

Adam was amazing with Queen. Loved the EMA performance, the tours in Europe and the iHeart. Queen plus Adam is phenomenal to watch and an amazing way to honor the Queen catalog. So much of that music was written by Brian May and Roger Taylor and I am thrilled the Show Must Go On!!

13. irish1139 on December 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Hands down – Who Wants to Live Forever

14. Kate on December 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Who Wants To Live Forever, Dragon Attack, Under Pressure, I Want To Break Free. All great songs and honestly as a Glambert I fell for Queen once I heard Adam sing those songs!

15. Summer on December 2, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Adam Lambert is the most talented singer and artist we have today. LIVE, there is NO ONE that can compete Vocally with him. No one can compete with Adams sexxy Seductive stage pefomance either. He is just the most exciting singer on the planet and he is the most eye popping HANDSOME man alive. Adam singing with Queen is like MAGIC! Adam has now proved to the world that he can sing ANYTHING, but he blows the roof off singing all of Queens songs better then anyone. He does not copy Freddie, but he makes every song his own, while respecting the integrity of Queens music. For me there’s is no way to pick just one song, because he does them all so well.
    From the first note I heard Adam sing 4 years ago on Idol, I was exhilarated, knowing this Gift from God would change the boring, auto tuned, studio created music industry for ever….Head to toe, Jaw Dropping Vocals, Seductive Stage Presence, Insane HAndsomeness….There has Never been anyone like Adam Lambert and there never will be!

16. Beeoggy on December 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I wants it all my favourite song, I love this song so much.because Adam sings so cool and strong:)

17. Sonyta glambert on December 2, 2013 at 8:23 pm

“We Will Rock You ” was perfect for Adam Lambert;) I enjoyed him sing this song on concert with Band Queen. I love Adam lambert 😘😘👍👍🎶🎶👏👏💋💋

18. WindyJocelyne on December 3, 2013 at 7:45 am

Who want to live forever! She is my favorite but I love all of the Queen songs. Adam interpret beautifuly all there songs I heard since he sing with Queen. The show must go on are super super beautiful too.

19. TM on December 7, 2013 at 7:45 am

It will be great to see Adam Lambert perform songs that he hasnt done so far (but will suit him great) like Save Me, Play the Game, Friends will be friends and also tackle some of those fabulous ditties that Queen had like Nevermore, Lilly of the Valley and even Seaside Rendezvous.