Adam Lambert to sing alongside Queen this Summer in the US

Adam Lambert Queen

Queen Adam Lambert

We’ve known for quite a while that it was likely that Adam Lambert and Queen would be performing together once again at some point.

This won’t mark the first time Adam Lambert has performed with the legendary rock band on stage but it sounds like we’ll be seeing them together in the summer!

While it’s not exactly confirmation of dates and locations we do know that they’ll be performing together once again across America.

Queen guitarist Brian May has spoken in an interview with BBC Radio 2 here in the UK and confirmed some more details though they’re still definitely keeping us waiting.

Queen's guitar player Brian May performs

May said: “We are ongoing, we can’t help it, I think we all protested too much in the sense when Freddie went and we didn’t want to talk about it and didn’t want to be Queen for a while.”

”But after a while you realise that people wanna hear the songs and see us do things. So, no matter what you call it, Roger and I do do stuff and I think we’ll be doing some more stuff this summer in fact, probably in the States.”

When he was asked on the radio station who would stand in as the frontman for the band he replied: ”We’ve been talking to Adam Lambert, you know we’ve already done some gigs with Adam, who is amazing.”

Brian May also did confirm that it’s very unlikely that they’ll work once again with Paul Rodgers who they formed the supergroup with back in 2005.

Adam-Lambert-Brian-May

He said: ”Paul has a career of his own and he can’t do the Queen thing indefinitely.”

So there we have it, some more details. Slowly but surely we’re finding out more about this “wild” 2014 but it is still early, we’re only on February. Plenty of time.

Where would you like to see Adam Lambert and Queen visit? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter.

Watch Adam Lambert and Queen perform ‘I Want To Break Free’ in London below.

1. Beverly on February 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Would love to see them in Atlanta, or Ohio!!! Please!!!

2. Barbara vandyke on February 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Saw Queen with Adam Lambert at the IHeart Radio concert in Vegas. I was flabbergasted at how fabulous they were together . If I have to beg borrow or steal , I will be at their next concert in the States ‘

3. Bea on February 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Quit talking and just get this show on the road!!!

4. Marielle on February 7, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Please let them tour in Europe too!! England, Germany, Netherlands, I don’t care which!!! 😀

5. Kathi on February 7, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Los Angeles! Absolutely I will be there!

6. Kathy on February 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I saw Queen+Adam in Vegas, too, at the iHeart Radio Music Festival and it was phenomenal! Adam is the most amazing singer and does so much justice to Freddie and Queen’s songs. I traveled across the country just to see them. This is such exciting news — especially coming directly from Brian! I hope they’ll play some shows in NYC!

7. sweetfourGlambert on February 7, 2014 at 5:38 pm

I will definitely be there !! Can’t wait ! Love Adam and have since Idol and I am a longtime Queen fan !

8. Sharon on February 7, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Atlanta or somewhere in southeastern US. Hurry!! ;D

9. Kim on February 7, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Hoping for Atlanta, GA and/or Charlotte, NC.

10. Trudy on February 7, 2014 at 8:28 pm

If they’re coming to North America then please include Canada!!!

11. Judy on February 8, 2014 at 12:01 am

Will he be touring the US singing his own music soon (I’m interested in seeing him perform from Trespassing)?

Love Adam as a singer, but not so thrilled with Queen’s music (Nothing wrong with their music, just my personal taste). I only want to see him performing his second album in concert!

I hope he makes a third album this year?

12. Anita on February 8, 2014 at 12:32 am

The southeast please, especially Atlanta

13. Lily on February 8, 2014 at 12:36 am

@Judy
    I don’t think we will get a Trespassing tour. Not a single tune off that cd made it to the radio. (Can we blame RCA for that?) The “We are Glamily” tour which included Trespassing did not “set foot” in North America. Correct me if I’m wrong Glamberts.
    We definitely need new music from Adam…and a new label and a few singles in the Billboard top 10!

14. glamity58 on February 8, 2014 at 4:11 am

I will beg, borrow or steal to attend one of these concerts. iHeart radio was just a taste of what they can do together. The concerts in Europe were unbelievable. Adam doesn’t get on radio because mediocrity rules, but people still come out to see him.