Ant and Dec don’t know if there’ll be a second series of Red or Black?
TV hosts Ant and Dec have revealed that they don’t know if Simon Cowell’s game show Red or Black? will be commissioned for a second series.
The duo made their remarks after it was revealed that the show failed to attract as many viewers as was hoped.
Dec told The Sun, “It was our first series and we all learned a lot from it. I think we can improve the show.
“We’ll just see what ITV says — they’re the ones who sign the cheques.”
The paper adds, “Viewing figures fell from 8.1million on the opening night to 3.8million halfway through its week-long run. It finished last Saturday with 5.8million.”
Dec added, “Simon texted on Sunday morning when the viewing figures came in. It did well on Saturday and finished on a high.”
Ant then revealed, “The scandal around Nathan didn’t put a damper on the series for me.
“We made four millionaires, which we set out to do, so we were pleased in that way.”
Last week Simon said of the show, “I’d change a few things but the response from the public is that they like it.”