Avicii comments on Adam Lambert’s voice saying it’s “just insane”

Avicii Adam Lambert Nile Rodgers

Adam Lambert has worked with Avicii and Nile Rodgers recently on a new track ‘Lay Me Down’ for Avicii’s debut album ‘True’.

The trio have seemingly a great chemistry with Avicii even joking about how Adam recorded his vocals slightly hungover but nailed it regardless.
Now Avicii has brought up Adam Lambert once again and even described him as a “reincarnation of Freddie Mercury”. The compliments keep coming as Avicii describes Adam Lambert’s voice as “insane”.

Speaking with David Atlanta the Swedish DJ had the following to say:

“Adam has an amazing voice. More than anything, he’s also a great writer. But his voice is just insane! He’s like a reincarnation of Freddie Mercury. Actually more like a mixture of Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant.”

adamlambert

Avicii also discussed how the collaboration with Chic’s Nile Rodgers and Adam Lambert came about the DJ said:

“It was Nile Rodgers that kinda had the connection with him and brought him down to put the vocals on a demo that Nile and I did. We weren’t even intending to have him sing on the final track.”

“But then he did such an amazing job on the demo, we were like, ‘Why go look for someone else?’ It’s brilliant as it is.”

“There was another song we did with Adam. It was about going down on a girl. He was like ‘Well it’s not for me, but I’ll sing it.” ”

Adam Lambert wig

I’ll do it for the people, I’ll go down for the people’. One way or another we all go down!”

Adam Lambert is set to join the cast of Glee and thankfully (to his fans at least) he won’t be taking on the role of a drag queen. Instead it looks like he’ll be performing Lady Gaga’s ‘Applause’ – looking at the picture above anyway it sure looks that way.

Over the weekend Adam Lambert performed with Queen and fun. frontman Nate Ruess at the iHeartRadio Festival.

If you didn’t see the performance then watch a clip of it below.

Related: ,

1. Bobs on September 25, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Queen with adam lambert…simply the best.

2. Monykaly on September 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I’ll want to watch “lay me down” on Channel [ V ] very much, especially adam’s performances and avicii, Nile 😉 this song very great, cool, lolz, perfect for dancing , it makes me want to dance, when I’m listening it. Listen to again and again 😉

3. Beeoggy on September 25, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I’ve been watched Adam + queen really perfect . I love them so much , I love Adam ‘s great voice and his performances at iheartradio very much . He makes me can’t wait him on glee . I want to see him sing lady gaga’s applause .

4. Limsovita on September 25, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I thought Adam ‘s performance like Freddie . He has good talent and amazing voice , so I always compare talent both very greatly .

5. Lysonyta on September 25, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I love Adam lambert at iheartradio like crazy 😉 why Adam so cute ??? I used to never see another singer perfect like Adam with queen . He is really my idol that I love no change .

6. Sue on September 26, 2013 at 9:49 pm

If you doubt how perfect Adam is to front Queen, watch the freddie mercury tribute concert. None of the famous singers on this DVD can do any justice to Queen’s songs except for George Michael singing Somebody to Love. Adam can sing every note and more with power in his voice and great interpretations of the songs. I have read a lot of descriptions of Adam’s voice, but no words do it justice. Just like I have never seen a bad photo of Adam, I have never heard a bad note. It is what Adam does with his voice that sets him apart from other singers who have the range and tone in their voices. He brings songs of all genres to life in a way that just makes me happy.

7. Judy on September 27, 2013 at 3:55 am

Finally North American audiences witnessed the awesome, stunning performance of “Queenbert” that Europeans enjoyed last summer.
    I hope many homophobic eyes were opened (you know what I mean). Adam has matured into a polished, confident, charismatic and powerful singer. He’s too good for pop music. You can actually see his classical training when he sings WWTLF. There is no one in his league. May and Taylor invited the perfect singer to join them.
    I now have to watch Glee just to see Adam and I am counting on North American Radio stations to give the single “Lay Me Down” with Avicii and Nile some airplay. It’s about time we heard him on the radio again!!!!! I’m Canadian and our Canadian Billboard 100 closely mirrors the American charts (except for a few of our own Canadian artists that we support, of course) but North America has not heard Adam on the radio since “If I Had You” ruled one summer. Maybe if they see the name Avicii they will give it a chance.