Avicii excited to work with Adam Lambert who is set to appear on Glee?

September 14th, 2013 by Martin Lamont
Tweet about this on Twitter104Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Email this to someone

Avicii Adam Lambert Nile Rodgers

Last night Avicii took to the stage at the iTunes Festival and premiered his a new track featuring former American Idol contestant Adam Lambert.

The Swedish DJ was on stage at the Roundhouse in London for around 85 minutes before finishing up with ‘Lay Me Down’ featuring Adam Lambert and Nile Rodgers.

Avicii joined forces with the pair for the track which will appear on his debut album ‘True’ which was released yesterday in several European countries.

Avicii spoke about working with Lambert saying his vocals were perfect for the track: “I really fell in love with his voice. He just captured something on that first take.”

Adam+Lambert+Arrivals+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+efgmUu8nS6Il

Nile Rodgers, who formed 70’s disco band Chic (performing tonight at the iTunes Festival) also features on ‘Lay Me Down’ and briefly commented also: “I need someone to do a lead vocal so I call Adam Lambert.”

‘Lay Me Down’ has already been made available online to stream in full before the album is released on September 16th in the UK and September 17th in the US.

The album also features the smash hits ‘Wake Me Up’ and ‘You Make Me’ which features vocals from Swedish singer Salem Al Fakir.

Adam Lambert also looks set to make an appearance on hit TV show Glee when it returns for its fifth season.

According to Pop Wrapped Adam will appear in the fourth episode of the show and some are suggesting he will play a drag queen. From the sounds of things Adam Lambert will play Kurt’s (Chris Colfer) enemy and is likely to perform with Dani who will be played by Demi Lovato (pictured on set below).

demilovato_nayarivera_glee

When it comes to what he’ll be singing it sounds like he may be singing Lady Gaga’s ‘Applause’ and Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ but with Glee it’s very possible we could see a mash-up of the two.

As of yet though the star has yet to appear on set for filming as the show is taking a break following the death of actor Cory Monteith who played Finn Hudson.

The third episode was a tribute to Cory Monteith which as expect would have been incredibly difficult for all to film so producers of the show decided to give the cast and crew a break while they plan out where to take the show next following the death of Finn Hudson in the show.

Adam Lambert took to Twitter to talk about the rumours:

If you haven’t heard the track yet then listen below.

Avicii excited to work with Adam Lambert who is set to appear on Glee?
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)

Martin Lamont

Martin is a huge music and US TV fan, from The Walking Dead to Game Of Thrones, Arrow to The Flash, House Of Cards to Vikings, New Girl to Modern Family. It's safe to say, he watches a lot - if not too much!

1. imrahs on September 14, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I’m addicted to LAY ME DOWN…PERFECT COLLABORATION OF AVICII+NILE RODGERS +ADAM…THIS SONG IS E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

2. Bobs on September 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Avicii has a giant hit for himself, and he’s taking Nile and Adam along for the ride . They make a great trio, hope to hear more from them.

3. Barbara Ruiz on September 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Glee has a hiatus every year because of baseball. It is not just because of the Monteith’s untimely death. It is great that Adam has joined the cast. I am sure they will get many new viewers who will tune in just to hear the best live entertainer of this generation.

4. Monykaly on September 14, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Adam ‘s voice really perfect, he could sing all songs so easily, so avicii love adam’s voice not wrong. I agree with avicii :)

5. OliveriiOliverii on September 14, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I’ve been exciting for Adam cast glee, I want to watch his performance with glee. But Before i never watched glee, now i’ll watch it 😊

6. Nanaangelo on September 14, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I love lay me down, it really makes me feel good, not only I always love Adam lambert’s voice . I knew his voice so strong and cool .

7. Beeoggy on September 14, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Avicii and Adam, Nile worked together, I believed that it so good , I thought them will get to success for lay me down , when this song coming soon .

8. funbunn40 on September 14, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Can’t wait for Adam on Glee, but hope he won’t be playing a drag queen. This is an opportunity for him to expand his audience and show that he isn’t just a gay singer, but a diverse entertainer that can play any part. The Glam Nation Tour was glitter, glam and fun and Trespassing has shown a pop,personal,light and dark side of Adam. I’d like to see Adam as an entertainer first, hopefully capturing more main stream fans and not labeled only as able to play gay characters. It’s only one part of him and he is so much more.

9. funbunn40 on September 14, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Check out Adam Lambert with Queen in Kiev or Hammersmith in London. He will blow you away!Even Dr. Brian May of Queen said”jaws will drop around the world” and he almost forgot to play while watching Adam sing. His face while watching Adam sing Somebody to Love showed absolute amazement. Who Wants to Live Forever and The Show Must Go On will stun you and give you goose bumps. I hope Glee will offer Adam the opportunity to stun the TV audience with his majestic talent.

10. funbunn40 on September 14, 2013 at 11:54 pm

The Queen/Adam performances are on Youtube.The Avicii album is great and Lay Me Down is my fave.

11. MalsDoxy on September 15, 2013 at 1:38 am

one take, he did those vocals on the first take, once…after a hangover, astonishing performer

12. SweetfourGlambert on September 15, 2013 at 5:15 am

Drag queen ??? No :( I love Adam but nooooooo

13. Adoran on September 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’m going to support Adam sing with band queen, I really love Adam and queen .

14. JANIE on September 15, 2013 at 10:18 pm

WOW ! WHAT A GREAT SONG ! ADAM CAN DO ANYTHING, AND ALWAYS SOUNDS PERFECT.

15. karen @fabinyour40s.com on September 16, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Love Adam, but I hope he doesn’t play a drag queen. He has so much talent to show off and I would love for people to take him seriosuly. He is so under rated as an artist.