Avicii wants to collaborate with Adam Lambert even more in the future

At the moment Adam Lambert can’t do no wrong. He has everyone eating out of the palm of his hands. He’s got a role in TV show ‘Glee’, he’s performing with Queen, he’s collaborating with Swedish DJ Avicii and Chic’s Nile Rodgers.

It now appears that following his collaboration with Avicii and Nile Rodgers on ‘Lay Me Down’ that Avicii wants more collaborations in the future with the former American Idol star.

The Swedish DJ has only recently released his debut album ‘True’ to the world despite being around for a few years now.

Avicii recently teamed up with Adam Lambert and Chic’s Nile Rodgers on a track ‘Lay Me Down’ which Avicii premiered officially during his performance at the iTunes Festival.

Avicii spoke a few weeks ago about Adam Lambert and recording ‘Lay Me Down’. The DJ revealed that while Adam Lambert recorded his vocals while hungover.

Now though Avicii wants to collaborate some more with Lambert as he was so impressed the first time round.

Speaking with the Daily Star Avicii praised Lambert’s abilities in singing and writing and said that a future collaboration would be something he’d like to happen:

“Adam is a much better soul singer than people give him credit for. He’s great at pop songs, of course, but I had heard him sing some soulful ballads and thought he’d do a good job.”

He continued: “I’d heard Adam was a good writer, too, and he proved that – he’s very open-minded and was enthusiastic about getting stuck in to writing dance tracks. I want to write more with Adam, for sure – maybe for his next album, or some more tracks with me.”

Adam Lambert is currently working on his third studio album, following up 2012’s ‘Trespassing’ and has also began filming for his still unknown role in hit show ‘Glee’.

Listen to ‘Lay Me Down’ below which features Adam, Avicii and Nile and is on Avicii’s debut album ‘True’.

1. Mel on September 27, 2013 at 3:19 pm

True is good, but Lay Me Down is freshest track on it, EDM genre or not. Hope Tim does choose it as next single as I’d kill to hear it on my radio in car. Such a good frickin tune.

2. Barbara on September 27, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Props to Tim for speaking out about what he really thinks of Adam. I hope they put out more music together for us, too.

3. Martin Lamont on September 27, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Hi Barbara & Mel.

I’ll admit if you’d mentioned the name Adam Lambert to me a few months ago I probably wouldn’t have known who he was BUT ‘Lay Me Down’ is a brilliant song and it’s got Nile Rodgers written all over it.

I for one (like you both) would love to see what else they come up with – with or without Nile Rodgers. I think it’d still be very good.

4. Monykaly on September 27, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Adam lambert is a star on my heart , he’s always doing what that I enjoy, as his performance with band queen, collaboration with DJ avicii , now he is begin performing with ‘Glee’ . I’m really enjoying for Adam lambert very much. I thing that Avicii choose collaborate with Adam no wrong 🙂 . I’ll be hoped for watch adam’s perform and avicii, nile ” Lay me down” in the future 🙂

5. Judy on September 27, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I guess we have to thank Brian May, Roger Taylor, Avicii and Nile Rodgers for speaking so highly of Adam and doing so publicly and also for Nate of Fun. for performing on the stage with Adam at IHeart. It takes guts to do that because we all know that there is still a great deal of homophobia out there. Also I understand Katy Perry spoke out about Adam’s performance with Queen at IHeart….Adam being the only singer who really can interpret and bring something new to Queen music. God, I hope this is the year Adam’s career really takes off!
    (never interested in Glee but will watch to see Adam because I know his performance will be stunning)

6. Lysonyta on September 27, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I’m always supporting Adam’s voice and all songs that him sing. He sings so cool together his best talent about natural . He is perfect for me no one can replace him in my heart 😉

7. Sue on September 27, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Adam has a stunning voice and he a stunning person as well. Love LMD it’s infectuous. My very favorite from the album. Cannot wait to see Adam on Glee my reason for watching the show, love him south. Sue

8. Elaine on September 28, 2013 at 4:26 am

I hope Adam and Avicii make more music together. Perfect combination and include Nile. Adam sang wonderfully with Queen at iheart. Can’t wait to hear him sing on Glee.

9. atomom on September 28, 2013 at 7:47 am

So right that there will be more to come from these awesome talents, as Lay Me Down is a perfect example of their music magic. Adam’s voice at the forefront, especially, makes the whole thing sizzle.

10. Mario on September 28, 2013 at 7:59 am

Love Adam lambert’s voice very much, he is a top singer for me . I’m going to continue support Adam lambert . Love him so much !!!

11. funbunn40 on September 28, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Adam indeed can sing anything,soulful ballads included. He has a natural passion for music,totally immersing himself in the lyrics of whatever song he is singing. He also has magnificent breath control and vocal expertise, along with his perfect pitch and tone. So glad he’s finally getting the reecognition that he so justly deserves. He’s truly gifted and a real pro.

12. Tory on September 29, 2013 at 8:56 am

This guy Adam has an unbelieveable voice. Never heard a range like that. The tone, emotion is all incredible. Just want to hear him more and more. With that voice, he can sing anything so let it be. Imagine he could also do light opera. Plus he’s nice to look at. I don’t care about his sexuality. That is the least important thing about a person. He seems to have a good heart and is megatalented. That’s more than I can say for most of those in the pop business today.