Could Adam Lambert be the surprise Avicii is promising for tonight?

by Martin Lamont

Avicii is set to perform on day 13 of the month long iTunes Festival live from the Roundhouse in London later tonight (9pm).

You can watch the performance (like all the others) completely free and on iTunes as it happens. Avicii has spoken in an interview earlier today with Capital FM.

The Swedish DJ speaking to Capital FM said that he had a “unique” surprise in store at the event which kicks off at 9pm. (Henrik B will be opening for Avicii from 7:45pm).

The DJ who also released his debut album ‘True’ today (13th of September) which features singles ‘Wake Me Up’ and ‘You Make Me’.

Speaking with Capital FM ahead of tonights performance the DJ said: “It’s a great possibility to showcase all my new songs from the album and obviously other songs that I want to promote too.”

“Obviously my album, a lot of songs from the album, and something unique for London too. I haven’t had a show in five days or something so I’ve gotten some new stuff too.”

Many have speculated that Adam Lambert could make a special appearance for the two to perform their new collaboration ‘Lay Me Down’ – but those are just rumours for now.

We’re almost at the half way point of the annual iTunes Festival but fear not. There’s still lots to get through including performances from Ellie Goulding, Justin Timberlake, Chic Featuring Nile Rodgers and ‘Roar’ superstar Katy Perry is set to close the month long festival on the 30th of September.

Avicii doesn’t seem to be hanging around after the festival though as he looks to be heading off to Las Vegas for a series of shows before heading down to Mexico.

If you haven’t heard Avicii before and you probably aren’t the only one – lets face it we all have different tastes in music then why not listen to ‘Wake Me Up’ below.

Related: ,

Martin Lamont

Martin is a huge music and US TV fan, from The Walking Dead to Game Of Thrones, Arrow to The Flash, House Of Cards to Vikings, New Girl to Modern Family. It's safe to say, he watches a lot - if not too much!

1. Barbara on September 13, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Us Glamberts would go wild if Adam appeared tonight with Avicii.

2. Clair on September 14, 2013 at 1:20 am

Wake me up is a catchy song but my favorite is Lay Me Down for dancing. You can’t beat those killer vocals by Adam Lambert.

3. Limsovita on September 14, 2013 at 5:17 am

For me love ” lay me down” very much , because it is very disco, lolz , it is making me so happy , when I’m listening this song 😉

4. Beeoggy on September 14, 2013 at 5:21 am

I thought that Adam very good with avicii , i’m very glad for them working together . I believed lay me down really perfect song .

5. PePe on September 14, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I hope they do a video of Lay Me Down with Adam Lambert, I can’t look at him enough, yum.

6. Monykaly on September 15, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I’ll want to see Adam performing lay me down , I hope really Adam ‘s performance in this song , because I love his sexy face very much ;)))

7. Adoran on September 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Love lay me down that sing by Adam lambert do much <3 I've listened it , it is so cool, lol, disco . Adam's talent really best .

8. Judy on October 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Will North American DJs now finally give Adam some respect and play a new single???? It’s about time we heard him on the radio again. They ignored the Trespassing cd completely and I thought at least Shady should have make it to the top ten on Billboard but, no seems DJs think Adam is just a reality tv personality and therefore has no talent.
    Doesn’t really matter now….the IHeart “Queenbert” concert opened a million eyes and ears to the magic of Adam’s voice and stage presence….he’s too good for pop music anyway. I am forced to watch Glee now because I’m sure Adam will give us another stunning performance there as well. Then, I think the sky is the limit for Lambert. Hey, if you’ve got guys like Elton John, Brian May and Roger Taylor as friends and “fans” anything is possible and Adam deserves it. He has worked very hard. I have to admit I have not been so captivated by an artist since Michael Jackson.