Daniel Radcliffe has retained his place as the most affluent British star under the age of 30 according to the definitive entertainment rich list.
The Harry Potter actor, 22, topped heat magazine’s 30 Under 30 Rich List with estimated earnings of £51.7m, an increase of £6.1m on last year.
The series has been the most profitable franchise in history outside of Star Wars and Radcliffe is rumoured to have pocketed a cool £25m for The Deathly Hallows films alone. The Harry Potter circus may have finally come to an end but the magic lingers on, with all the big players receiving a share of every DVD sold.
This year’s list sees new entries from chart-topper Adele and Shake It Up singer Florence Welch as well as British R&B favourite Taio Cruz who writes hits for other people too. He also sells clothes and watches through his own Rokstarr and RXSTR labels.
Adele, 23, records the highest new entry at 16. The soul singer, who is currently recovering from throat surgery, has an estimated earnings of £7.6m. Florence, who has just released her second album Ceremonials, enters the list at number 29 with £3.3m and Dynamite singer Taio is in at 28 with £4m.
Three celebrities have dropped out of this year’s Rich List. Opera star Katherine Jenkins and model Kelly Brook both exceeded the 30 year old age limit, while tragic Amy Winehouse (last year at number 15 with £7.8m) sadly passed away in July.
Twilight star Robert Pattinson has climbed two places to third place, knocking Radcliffe’s Potter co-stars Emma Watson and Rupert Grint in to fourth and fifth places respectively.
The Twilight juggernaut is still hurtling toward the world’s tween-age wallets at full speed. The massive success of the saga sees heartthrob Robert Pattinson (3) rake in a cool £24.9m.
In addition to starring in no less than eight Potter movies, Emma Watson, who models for iconic Brit fashion brand Burberry, amassed earnings in excess of £23.9m. Grint, in fourth, is said to have splashed his cash on a number of vehicles including a quad bike, golf cart, ice-cream van and a Chevy pick-up, but he’s still earned in excess of £21.7m so there’s plenty left over.
At the tender age of 25, actress Keira Knightley has already made £30.8m, retaining second place in this year’s list. The actress also models as the face of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
It’s been a good year for Cheryl Cole. The singer’s short lived stint on The X Factor USA may have made a dent in her professional ego but it certainly didn’t do the same to her earnings. Cheryl jumps seven places from 14 to 7 with an estimated take of £11.4m helped along by deals with L’Oreal and de Grisogno jewellery.
Cheryl’s fellow Girls Aloud band members Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts also increased their worth, while Sarah Harding retained her position. Kimberley, who is currently starring as Princess Fiona in Shrek: The Musical jumped two places to 24 with £5.3m. Likewise, Nicola, who released her debut solo album in September, jumped two places to 27 with a fortune of £4.2m.
Other notable climbers include singers Paolo Nutini (22) up three places, Natasha Bedingfield (18), up five spots and Artic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner up three to 16.
Fallers include Welsh soprano Charlotte Church who dropped three places from 7 to 10, Coleen Rooney who dipped from 15 to 10 and mum-to-be Lily Allen who fell three places from 24 to 21.
The heat Rich List is a countdown of the top 30 British earners aged 30 or under at the time of compiling. The estimated values are based on informed calculations of every deal the celebrity has ever made including movies, TV shows, record sales, product endorsements and private gigs.
A panel of experts comprised of PR guru James Herring, talent management expert Jonathan Shalit and Ultimo lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone analysed the financial value of all speculative earnings on record (as opposed to personal wealth).
Commenting on the findings, heat editor, Lucie Cave said: “Life is brilliant when you’re young, talented, beautiful and phenomenally rich. That’s why heat’s Rich List is back for a second year, pressing its nose up against the diamond-encrusted private hovercrafts of Britain’s richest young celebrities. It’s particularly great to see talented stars like Adele and Florence soaring into the chart.”
THE FULL HEAT RICH LIST 2011:
1. Daniel Radcliffe, 22 (£51,750,000) SAME
2. Keira Knightley, 26 (£30,870,000) SAME
3. Robert Pattinson, 25 (£24,910,000) UP Last year: 5
4. Emma Watson, 21 (£23,910,000) DOWN Last year: 3
5. Rupert Grint, 23 (£21,720,000) DOWN Last year: 4
6. Leona Lewis, 26 (£13,260,000) SAME
7. Cheryl Cole (£11,440,000) UP Last year: 14
8. Katie Melua, 27 (£10,760,000) SAME
9. Craig David, 30 (£9,670,000) UP Last year: 11
10. Charlotte Church, 25 (£9,640,000) DOWN Last year: 7
11. Emily Blunt, 28, (£5,933,000) UP Last year: 18
12. Joss Stone, 24 (£9,280,000) SAME
13. Alex Turner, 25 (£9,070,000) UP Last year: 16
14. Mika, 28 (£8,420,000) DOWN Last year: 13
15. Coleen Rooney, 25 (£8,240,000) DOWN Last year: 10
16. Adele, 23 (£7,670,000) NEW ENTRY
17. Sienna Miller, 29 (£7,430,000) SAME
18. Natasha Bedingfield, 30 (£6,310,000) UP Last year: 23
19. Duffy, 27 (£5,960,000) DOWN Last year: 20
20. James Morrison, 27 (£5,870,000) DOWN Last year: 21
21. Lily Allen, 26 (£5,390,000) DOWN Last year: 24
22. Paolo Nutini, 24 (£5,500,000) UP Last year: 25
23. Gemma Arterton, 25 (£5,390,000) DOWN Last year: 19
24. Kimberley Walsh, 30 (£5,330,000) UP Last year: joint 26
25. Nadine Coyle, 26 (£4,420,000) UP Last year 28
26. Sarah Harding, 30 (£4,410,000) SAME
27. Nicola Roberts, 26 (£4,170,000) UP Last year: 29
28. Taio Cruz, 26 (£4,000,000) NEW ENTRY
29. Florence Welch, 25 (£3,830,000) NEW ENTRY
30. Jamie Bell, 25 (£3,380,000) SAME
If they do as well in 2012 as they did in 2011, then expect to see these celebs in next year’s Rich List:
• Carey Mulligan: only a year or two ago she was in Doctor Who. Now she’s a bona fide Hollywood star. The future depends on how well The Great Gatsby does.
• Jedward: everybody laughed at them, but they took that laughter and turned it into gold. After Leona, they’re the most successful X Factor Act of all time.
• Aaron Johnson: the Kick-Ass star is focusing mainly on arthouse movies for now but he has the looks and talent to “go Hollywood”.