Doctor gave Amy Winehouse all clear the day before she died!

It has been revealed that Amy Winehouse received medical attention less than 24 hours before her death.

The ‘Rehab’ hitmaker was found dead on Saturday afternoon, in her North London house but insiders say she visited a doctor and was given the all clear the evening before.

A source told The Sun that upon examining the star, the GP was ‘happy’ with her condition and didn’t think she needed further medical attention.

They said:

“The doctor was happy with her condition. When he left on Friday night he had no concerns. Less than 24 hours later she was found dead.

“Amy’s health has been very fragile and she has been having a series of check-ups.”

Winehouse’s visit to the doctor was not out of the ordinary, as the singer was said to receive regular checkups due to her addiction battle.

Although the casue of death has not yet been confirmed, Amy’s publicist has confirmed that her body was first found by security guard Andrew Morris, who then called the emergency services to the scene.

Chris Goodman said: “Amy was on her own at home apart from a security guard who we had appointed to help look after her over the past couple of years.

“She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn’t breathing. He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked.

“At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed.”

Yesterday friends claimed that Amy may have died due to a alcohol and ecstasy overdose. Some feel that the binge was brought on by a row that occurred between Winehouse and her on/off boyfriend Reg Traviss, after he discovered she was in touch with her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

A source told The Mirror: “Reg found out Amy and Blake had been chatting and got upset. The pair had a fight and Reg walked out. She had been drinking more and more whisky.”

An autopsy is due to be carried out on the ‘Rehab’ singer’s body today to determine the cause of death.

No drugs were discovered at her home by police or paramedics who attended the scene.