Doctor Who: 21 of the best quotes from Asylum Of The Daleks
Doctor Who is back. And with him, some of the sharpest lines of dialogue this side of Sherlock. We’ve taken the 21 best quotes from last night’s premiere, Asylum Of The Daleks (read Matt’s review here).
- Doctor: Skaro. The original planet of the Daleks. Look at the state of it.
- Rory: So how much trouble are we in? Doctor: How much trouble, Mr Pond, out of 10? 11.
- Doctor: You had a daughter. Dalek Spy: I know. I read my file.
- Dalek Prime Minister: It is offensive to us to extinguish such divine hatred.
- Doctor: You think hatred is beautiful. Dalek: Perhaps that is why we have never been able to kill you.
- Oswin Oswald: Junior entertainment manager, Starship Alaska. Current status: crashed and shipwrecked somewhere…not nice.
- Doctor: Making soufles? (laughs) Against the Daleks? Where do you get the milk?
- Doctor: Don’t be fair to the Daleks when they’re firing me at a planet!
- Doctor: How are you doing that? This is Dalek technology. Oswin: Well, it’s very easy to hack. Doctor: No it isn’t.
- Oswin: Oh. Mr Grumpy. Bad combo. No sense of humour and that chin. Doctor: What’s wrong with my chin? Oswin: Careful, dear, you’ll put someone’s eye out.
- Oswin: Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest, and a tiny bit sexy? Doctor: Doctor. You call me The Doctor. Oswin: See what you did there.
- Amy: It’s not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie. And don’t give me those big wet eyes, raggedy man. It’s life. Just life. That thing that goes on when you’re not there.
- Doctor: Hang on to scared. Scared isn’t Dalek.
- Oswin: Okay, pop your top off, quick as you like. Rory: Why? Oswin: Does there have to be a reason?
- Doctor: And how are you going to do that, Dalek? You’re a tricycle with a roof. How are you going to destroy me?
- Dalek: Self-destruct cannot be countermanded. Doctor: I’m not looking for self-destruct, dear. I’m looking for reverse.
- Rory: Will sleeping help her? Will it slow down the process? Oswin: You’d better hope so, because pretty soon, she’s going to try to kill you.
- Oswin: Do you know how you make someone into a Dalek? Subtract love. Add anger. Doesn’t she seem a bit too angry to you? Amy: Well, somebody’s never been to Scotland.
- Rory: Oh, so this is the kind of escape plan where you survive about four seconds longer?
- Rory: Amy, basic fact of our relationship is that I love you more than you love me.
- Doctor: It’s a dream, Oswin. You dreamed it for yourself because the truth was too terrible.
If you liked these quotes, jump over to my post about Oswin Oswald (Jenna Louise Coleman) and how she might become a companion of The Doctor or read this post about 5 ways Steven Moffat recycled story ideas for Asylum Of The Daleks.