American rockers the Foo Fighters are returning to the United Kingdom next year for a series of dates around the country to promote their latest album, ‘Sonic Highways’.
The pre-sale went live yesterday, with general sale for tickets taking place this Friday, and while people are getting excited about the tour, Dave Grohl has been talking technology in music.
Speaking with Red Bull, Grohl explained that he believes people are beginning to lose touch with “rocking out” thanks to the rise of computer usage in music.
He added: “And they seriously think technology can make them rich, if they stumble on something new. But I’m telling you: technology might make you rich, yet it will never make you happy.”
The rocker added: “They’re two different things light years apart. Happiness or luck or a good feeling – whatever you want to call it – is based on interaction among humans, on making other people happy, giving them something dear to their heart.”
Concluding with: “Music is a perfect medium for that. What could be more human than writing a song with bass, drums and guitars? That’s as feel-based as it gets.”
Not content with touring the UK next year – and several other huge dates – the band have also confirmed a batch of North American dates which you can see below.
The tour will kick off at the RFK Stadium in Washington DC on the 4th of July and will finish up at the FedExForum in Memphis on the 7th of October.
Tickets for the North American dates shown below will go on sale on the 4th and 5th of December – make sure you only purchase from legit sources.
- July 4th: Washington DC – RFK Stadium
- July 6th: Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center
- July 9th: Toronto, ON – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
- July 16th: New York, NY – Citi Field
- July 18th: Boston, MA – Fenway Park
- July 19th: Boston, MA – Fenway Park
- Aug. 12th: Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place
- Aug. 13th: Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome
- Aug. 17th: Denver, CO – Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
- Aug. 19th: Maryland Heights, MO – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- Aug. 21st: Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
- Aug. 22nd: St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
- Aug. 24th: Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Aug. 25th: Pittsburgh, PA – First Niagara Pavilion
- Aug. 27th: Indianapolis, IN – Klipsch Music Center
- Aug. 29th: Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field (SOLD OUT)
- Sept. 11th: Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
- Sept. 12th: George, WA – Gorge Amphitheatre
- Sept. 14th: Portland, OR – Moda Center
- Sept. 16th: Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
- Sept. 18th: Anaheim, CA – Honda Center
- Sept. 21st: Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
- Sept. 25th: Phoenix, AZ – AK-Chin Pavilion
- Sept. 27th: Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- Sept. 29th: Oklahoma City, OK – Chesapeake Energy Arena
- Sept. 30th: Wichita, KS – INTRUST Bank Arena
- Oct. 4th: Atlanta, GA – Centennial Olympic Park
- Oct. 5th: Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- Oct. 7th: Memphis, TN – FedExForum
Are you excited to see the return of the Foo Fighters? Did you manage to get your hands on a ticket or two UK fans? What about you US fans, will you be going to see the band live?
Check out the video for ‘Something From Nothing’ which is lifted from the Foo Fighters new album ‘Sonic Highways’ and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.