British rock band Editors have today announced their plans for a full UK tour – their first in three years.
Editors, who formed in 2002 have so far released four studio albums. ‘The Back Room’ which was released in 2005, ‘An End Has a Start’ which was released in 2007, ‘In This Light and on This Evening’ which was released back in 2009 and most recently ‘The Weight of Your Love’ which was released earlier this year.
Now, for the first time in three years, fans of Editors will be able to see them in various cities across the country later this year.
The tour is due to start on the 5th of November in Margate and will visit venues up and down the country where they will finish up on the 28th of November in Nottingham.
Since former lead guitarist Chris Urbanowicz left the band last year these shows will mark the first time the band have officially been on tour.
The group now consists of Tom Smith (lead vocals, guitar, piano), Russell Leetch (bass guitar, synthesizer, backing vocals), Ed Lay (drums, percussion, backing vocals), Justin Lockey (Lead guitar), and Elliott Williams (Keys, synthesizers, guitars, and backing vocals).
Editors plan on releasing their next single ‘Formaldehyde’ on the 2nd of September. The track is lifted from their new album ‘The Weight of Your Love’ which was released in June.
Full tour date information can be seen below.
- Tuesday, November 5th: Winter Gardens, Margate
- Wednesday, November 6th: Dome, Brighton
- Thursday, November 7th: Guildhall,Southampton
- Saturday, November 9th: University Great Hall, Cardiff
- Sunday, November 10th: University, Exeter
- Monday, November 11th: O2 Academy, Bristol
- Wednesday, November 13th: UEA, Norwich
- Thursday, November 14th: O2 Brixton Academy, London
- Saturday, November 16th: O2 Academy, Birmingham
- Monday, November 18th: O2 Academy, Liverpool
- Tuesday, November 19th: Mandela Hall, Belfast
- Wednesday, November 20th: Olympia, Dublin
- Friday, November 22nd: Academy, Manchester
- Saturday, November 23th: O2 Academy, Leeds
- Monday, November 25th: Music Hall, Aberdeen
- Tuesday, November 26th: Barrowland, Glasgow
- Wednesday, November 27th: O2 Academy, Newcastle
- Thursday, November 28th: Rock City, Nottingham
Tickets for the tour will go on general sale at 9am this Friday, August 30th.
For more information on Editors be sure to check out their official website http://www.editorsofficial.com