Recently it was revealed that the first Glastonbury 2014 headliner was Canadian band Arcade Fire who would close the festival on the Friday night.
Confirmation has also came through in terms of the Fleetwood Mac rumours for Glastonbury 2014 and it’s more likely that they’ll perform at the festival in 2015 rather than this year.
All year rumours have been going round that Fleetwood Mac would be headlining Glastonbury 2014 but the festival organiser has confirmed that they will not be headlining in 2014.
Michael Eavis was asked by The Guardian if the band would be performing at the annual music festival and he replied and said: “We’re hoping to get them for 2015, but not next year.”
Fleetwood Mac were forced to cancel their tour earlier in the year after John McVie – the founding member was diagnosed with cancer.
The decision to cancel the tour of Australia and New Zealand was a no brainer and the band released a statement of apology to their fans on Facebook and said:
“We are sorry to not be able to play these Australian and New Zealand dates. We hope our Australian and New Zealand fans as well as Fleetwood Mac fans everywhere will join us in wishing John and his family all the best.”
In other Glastonbury news Lily Allen confirmed an appearance at the festival while speaking on BBC Radio 1 however no official confirmation has been released from Glastonbury themselves.
The rumour mill as with every festival is still spinning and some names that are tipped to headline include Daft Punk, Foo Fighters and Elbow.
Glastonbury runs across five days and next year it will take place from Wednesday the 25th of June until Sunday 29th. Tickets for the 2014 festival sold out in record timing back in October.
This year The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys and Mumford & Sons headlined the Pyramid Stage across the weekend.
Watch as Mumford & Sons perform at Glastonbury 2013 – with a little help from their friends.