Glee: Adam Lambert confirms future appearances on hit TV show

Adam Lambert

Adam Lambert has finally joined the cast of ‘Glee’ and fans of both the singer and the show got to see him perform a special rendition of Lady Gaga’s ‘Marry The Night’ as his character Elliott ‘Starchild’ Gilbert made his debut.

However as with all special guest appearances nothing is set in stone or made clear as to how long a guest star will appear on the show, after all for many it’s just a one off thing and then they return to their daily business.

Adam Lambert however has confirmed in a TV interview with UK breakfast show ‘Daybreak’ that he will appear on ‘Glee’ for more than one episode as Elliott Gilbert.

The singer also commented on how good it felt getting into the role of another character as fans of the star will be aware that Adam has appeared (as himself) on shows such as Pretty Little Liars and Project Runway.

Speaking to Ross King on ITV’s ‘Daybreak’ though – which was aired on Thursday and can be seen at the bottom of the page, Adam confirmed his future on ‘Glee’:

“It’s more than one episode for sure,” Adam said. “I don’t actually know how many and we’re still in the process of filming.”

‘Glee’ for Adam Lambert also marks the first time the star has actually been an actor and portrayed someone else and he added:

“This is kind of going back to the acting roots a little bit,” Adam said. “It feels good.”

"Bridegroom"  Los Angeles Premiere

Fans may or may not know this but back in 2009 Adam also tried out musical theater and was also rejected once by a casting director on ‘Glee’ who believed he was a little too old to be on the show:

“It’s funny because I actually auditioned for the show years ago before it started, before I was on Idol,” the singer revealed.

“The casting director was like, ‘Wow, I love your voice, but I think you’re too old to be on the show,'” he said. “So I didn’t get it.”

If you haven’t had a chance to see the full interview on ITV’s ‘Daybreak’ then why not watch it below. For other snippets from the interview then head on over here and make sure you follow on us on Twitter if you’re not already @unrealitytv and spread the word!

1. Shannon on November 24, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Adam has been acting (and playing characters) in musical theater since he was 10 years old.

2. magsmagenta on November 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Adam on screen in any capacity can only be a good thing, especially if he sings 🙂

3. Monykaly on November 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Adam’ve best talented since 2009, I didn’t watch adam’s competition on American idol season 8, but I watched it on YouTube . I enjoyed his talent very much. I’m always thinking Adam to be winner for me:)

4. Beeoggy on November 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Now, Adam looked more very handsome, together his character as Elliott ( starchild) 🙂 when he was performing Marry The night 🙂 he seems have talent for along. I’ve been believing his abilities , he is a real singer 🙂

5. Love Adam on November 24, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Adam lambert is a best singer. He has million strong voice and talent in performanced, he still had popularity for his glamberts , because I am glambert forever;)

6. Limsovita on November 24, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I Still always supported Adam lambert’s performance on glee new season, but I can see him little time:)hope be see him many time, love you adam <333333

7. Nanaangeloii on November 24, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Adam is very awesome. He always does what that I would like as, he joins glee, he sings with band queen and his several concert. I loves it all 😉

8. Trudy on November 25, 2013 at 1:37 am

I just checked youtube and see that Adam’s Glee performance of Marry the Night has almost 2.5 million views. Awesome isn’t it? I think his fan base has increased after one episode. He is simply electrifying on stage.
    I cannot wait for the next show and for the third cd and for some more Queen concerts!!!
    2014 is going to be a good year for Adam. He deserves more exposure and I hope his new record label supports him.