Growing Up Poor

I must’ve said this several times before but if there’s one thing that BBC3 do well it’s their documentaries and in 2013 they’re already off to a flying start. While the terrestrial channels are still busy celebrating the stars of London 2012 two new documentaries are shedding light on how last summer was for some of Britain’s teenagers. The first instalment of Growing Up Poor focuses on three girls from across the country all of whom are connected by the fact they’ve grown up in under privileged circumstances. Tim Lawton’s film is refreshing as he lets the girls speak for themselves and I never really feel he judges any of them for the situations they find themselves in though towards the end there is a little finger-pointing to be done towards our current government.

The first of the three young ladies we meet is Bridie a seventeen year old who has grown up in a world of drugs and booze and has never really known a childhood. We are introduced to Bridie as she is visiting some friends however we later learn that they live on a street that she has been legally banned from entering. As some vocal neighbours turn up to voice their disapproval about Bridie’s presence one of them calls the police which means she may be in trouble for breaking the terms of her bail. Indeed Bridie ends up spending a night in the cells and then appearing at Rotherham Court the next day thankfully she isn’t jailed but rather released on remand.

Growing Up Poor

Through Bridie’s story, Lawton is trying to tell the youth of today that benefits don’t get you that much as she also tries to preach as she once thought she could easily live on £100 a week but now is struggling to even afford chips. The money worries pile up for Bridie when she discovers she will have to be a £170 fine for breaking the terms of her bail an amount she can little afford. This comes just after the news that the loans she has taken out need paying off and I personally was astounded that a girl of this age could’ve got so much money from lenders. I think that if most of us met someone as confrontational as Bridie on the street then we’d probably form a certain opinion of her but in this film we are sympathetic to her situation and see a young lady who wants to be something more than how she is. The only person who appears to have any time for her is Tina, one of her friend’s mothers, who tries to advise her to move away from Rotherham as the people there can only hold her back. I did fear for Bridie and how the future would turn out for her however at the same time I did hope she’d realise her dream to join the army as that would both get her away from Rotherham and teach her the discipline she greatly needs. Though ultimately she didn’t get into the army there was good news for Bridie as she’d reconnected with her mother and was considering starting a college course.

Growing Up Poor

If Bridie’s story was an attempt to alter our opinions of teen delinquents then Amber’s story was an attempt to do the same for teenage mothers. Bradford-based Amber freely admits that her low self-esteem caused her to sleep around and being rightly branded a slapper however discovering she was pregnant changed her life around. As she tells the camera she can’t be a child and raise a child so instead she’s trying to make something of her life by attending a hair and beauty college course even though she can’t scrape enough money together to afford a notepad. Amber’s story highlights how much some families need handouts from the government with Amber’s own mother being only 19 when she gave birth to her. Later in the documentary Amber gives up the college course in an attempt to live off benefits though she discovers that she cannot claim until she is 29 weeks pregnant. Thankfully with advice from her doctor she discovers about all the money she is entitled to and gets at least enough money to decorate her son’s room and to put a carpet down on it. Inevitably the final scenes see Amber giving birth to her son Oscar and you can see that she will now devote her life to caring for him although we do learn that she is considering taking up her college course again as a means to provide for him when he’s older.

Personally of the three girls featured the most engaging and likeable had to be Glaswegian teen Shelby who is almost completely self-sufficient at the age of seventeen. Shelby told us of her aspirations to be an actress though, as she grew up in a poor household, there was no money for acting lessons so instead she just caused trouble. It appears as if Shelby had been kicked from pillar to post as she had stayed with her aunt, her dad and friends before claiming housing benefits and being able to afford her own flat. Shelby was currently stacking shelves as part of a six month work placement but was no better off than she had been on benefits though you got the impression that she really wanted to impress her boss to get a full time job. We also saw her budgeting her weekly shop and you could tell from this scene alone that she had her head screwed on the right way even viewing sock-buying as a luxury. Eventually Shelby comes into some luck when one of her new work colleagues agrees to drive her to her grandmother’s house to pick up the oven she has been wanting and a couple of unwanted sofas are also thrown into the bargain. This joy is short-lived however when Shelby learns that the oven has now power leads luckily this is an excuse for her dad to come round and help her fix the oven up and at the same time repair their relationship. At the end of the documentary I had so much hope for Shelby and just wished that she’d come good and got the full time job she deserved however this didn’t happen. Instead Shelby didn’t get a full-time position at the shop and now finds herself six months pregnant something she earlier said she wouldn’t let happen.

Growing Up Poor was just one of those documentaries which just stays with you due to the characters involved and the situations they found themselves in. It was clear to me that Lawton was attempting to challenge our preconceived ideas of young delinquents, teenage mothers and youngsters who were already claiming benefits. These three young women had grown up only knowing a world where they were constantly moving house and seeing their parents signing on so thought they could only do the same. As I said I felt for Shelby the most as she was someone who was trying to break the pattern and do something about her life but she was the one who suffered the most setbacks and ultimately is now stuck with a baby to look after. Shelby’s story was also the one that had something to say about David Cameron’s current plans to stop housing benefits for the under-25s which would mean that youngsters like her would be on the streets. The abiding message of Growing Up Poor is that you shouldn’t tar everyone with the same brush because, while I’m sure some do abuse the benefits system, there are youngsters and families who do need the money they are being given. Overall this was a well-made film with a clear message and I just hope we get an update on these three great young ladies in a year’s time.

Did you watch Growing Up Poor? What did you think to the three girls involved? Leave Your Comments Below.

Don't miss a story: Follow Unreality TV

55 Responses to “Growing Up Poor: This fab BBC 3 documentary looks at 3 girls with very different experiences of 2012”

1. AJ says:

Just watched this great documentary.
    Completely agree that by far… Shelby was the most likable and hope-filled of the 3 girls.
    Hope she pulls things around ….

It just reminds me how very very lucky we are!

2. billy says:

Hello my names billy…really interesting program…shelby was a great inspiration …if possible could i have her contact details so i can help her.financially ..

3. Jay says:

I really felt for shelby.
    Really wish I could help her bless her

4. Sarah S says:

Agreed that Shelby seemed to be the smartest and most willing to pull herself out of her situation – sad to hear she is pregnant but hope her obvious common sense means she still succeeds despite having another mouth to feed.

5. PS says:

I was saddened and heartened at times. The youngsters showed resourcefulness in adversity especially shelby who was admirable in toughness to try her best, I wish this Govt would stop bailing out the mega rich in this country and help our young people financially.

6. Justin says:

I can not tell you how impressed I am with Shelby.
    She has grit and doesn’t want a free ride. I’ve just seen she is 6 months pregnant. I wish her all the best for the future.

7. Sarah says:

I too so wanted things to work out well for Shelby, she was looking at the positives in all the situations she found herself in and I wish there was something I could do to help her out. I feel she will do well somehow and she deserves to
    A very well made documentary, thought provoking and insightful.

8. DJ says:

I have just watched this documentary , I so wanted Shelby to turn her life around, and I do think the system has used her, the shop keeper should be ashamed 55 pound for a 30 hour week this Is tantamount to slave labour:( I so wish I could help this young girl never mind sponsoring children in Africa we should sponsor some of these young people in our country!!!!

9. kate says:

any1 know where i can find that shelby? see seems so nice and i wud love 2 help her

10. steve says:

I remember being in the same position 34 years ago living on the streets but working and trying to better myself it was hard with know one to turn to. Today i have three business’es and help and donate to the homeless, good luck Shelby and i remind the government that not all children are born with a silver spoon in their mouths

11. dk darlington says:

This was a very good program.

12. John says:

I hope Shelby pulls through. She seemed to have intelligence and integrity. I do really feel for her.

13. Sarah S says:

just found this on internet – looks like we can help directly via this page

14. John says:

Well found Sarah S.

However if you specifically wish to help the young people in the film, items can be sent to our office at 49a Oxford Road South, London W4 3DD and will be passed on to Briidie, Amber and Shelby. However if you do send anything to our office, please also include postage to cover the cost of sending your gift on. If you wish to send a cheque, please make it payable to The Aletheia Foundation. If you want to make an online transfer please credit The Aletheia Foudation, AC No. 22637907, Sort Code 60-05-30. And please make it clear to whom you would like any gift to go. If you want further information, email Petra on petra@aletheiafoundation.org.uk who can give you details.

15. Kate says:

Amazing film. Looked Tim Lawton (director) up if any of you are serious about helping Shelby, his company email address is:
    mailto:website@truevisiontv.com

16. Kieran says:

Couldn’t agree more shelby was an inspiration. I hope everything works out for her and would gladly help her in anyway I can. Also after having just left the army myself I know it would help Bridie, it would give her disaplin, purpose and even teach her a trade. I would recommend she goes for it as she had the no none sense attitude to go far on the army.

17. Wim says:

Hi, my name is Wim, and I am living in The Netherlands. I’ve watched the show, and was deeply moved by the strength of this young girl named Shelby. I do believe she is a true fighter, with a real possitive attitude and I would like to help her out a bit. Could you let me know if it would be possible to do so? I strongly believe this girl needs just a little wind in the back, to get her on top of the mountain. Thank you in advance for your reply. With warm regards, W.V.

18. Donna says:

I was also so inspired by Shelby – and i too would love to give her some sort of support and guidance – i was a single parent at the age of 19 – im 47 now and survived it! – ive also worked with young people in care etc…. i live not too far from Shelby and would also like to offer my support, even just as some sort of mentor – i also think it’s so lovely that so many people want to help her and i hope that someone ‘in the know’ can make this happen, thanks D.

19. MFB says:

What an inspiration. I am determined to help Shelby somehow. A little help could really turn her life around, regardless of whether she is pregnant or not. Young people can learn a lot from her… the reaction she has received on here is testament to that.
    I don’t know the best way to help, perhaps the charity can provide some pointers.

20. MFB says:

I am a lawyer at a City firm. I would not be best placed for mentoring, but am able to help in other ways…

21. DJ says:

John and Sarah thanks for posting the link and info on how to help J am unsure how at the moment but I will be sending something just not sure what I am thinking may be vouchers to be used in a high street shop that Shelby can use to buy things she needs I would love to hell he’d with the job :college situation but alas I live to far to be of any use… But I am now determined to do something locally :)

22. Ciara says:

A brilliant programme highlighting young peoples struggles. Shelby was a true inspiration! Her ability to turn her life around and take responsibility of her future was amazing for such a young girl. I would love to reach out to her, this girl needs a foot up in life. I have no doubt that if she continues on with this mindset she will do well in life.

23. Emma says:

It’s already up here – but if you’re keen to help any of the girls in the documentary directly, or teens in similar situations – go to http://truevisiontv.com/films/details/163/growing-up-poor-girls
    Scroll down to ‘Helping Teens in Poverty’ and there’s info on how to help the girls directly and links also to other organisations helping others in similar situations.

24. Pigeon says:

just watched this me & mrs went to school with Tina not seen her in yrs hope ur ok

25. Ronan says:

I just watched the show and was really touched by all the stories, well done. I thought you could have pointed out a bit more about the Tory Government’s attack on poor people a bit more but I suppose it came through anyway.

I was wondering if there was a way in which I could offer some financial support to one or maybe two of the girls. I understand I’m sure they don’t want to be made a charity case of but I would love to help. Please let me know if there is some way or another that I would be able to financially help some of these girls out.

Its a real shame that there are so many people living out there like this.

26. Rosetta says:

Shelby’s story really got me in this documentary to the point that I became tearful. The fact that the system let her down is ultimately heartbreaking. Good luck to her x

27. Darren says:

I was the guy who spoke to Shelby in the credit union and at the time I remember thinking that she seemed really young and scared. It was though she had little idea of what she needed to do to get her out of her situation and she was afraid of that.

For every person Cameron and Osborne rightly identify as lazy or scroungers there are at least nine, like Shelby, who are striving to get employment and better themselves. The scroungers are the exception, not the rule.

I hope Shelby is doing well and continues to work hard and keep her head up, it was heartening to see.

28. kay says:

i found shelpby to be an inspiration, i dont know if i would choose 30 hours work over benefit if all i was getting was 55 pounds (btw is that legal?). However, so far im not too impressed by the other two, one is openly smoking whilst pregnant and the other is a trouble maker with no remorse for her actual actions just her own personal consequence. Good luck to shelby, even though i was sad to hear she was pregnant i think her determination shows that its not going to be a dampner for her career and neither would her child be another statistic

29. cainepurton says:

just want to meet shelby and give her a hug and ask my manager if he could give her a job, i hope to god the father of the child is around because that would just be horrible if she was left by herself and job less.

30. Will says:

There but for the grace of God.
    I thought it was a thought provoking program and really moved me.
    It goes to show that without support (emotional and financial)that it is a tough world out there.
    I tried to watch with my 14 year old who is over indulged, but unfortunately I don’t think he really understood what the programme is about, which I found frustrating
    Although the government can be criticised for their policies, and the economic climate means that realistically it is hard even for motivated youngsters to earn money Tina made a good point to Bridie that benefits are enough to subsist, and to get on in life you need to get out there and do something yourself.
    It feels like Britain is becoming more fractured and the difference in expectations and live of the haves and have nots is just going to getting worse. The solution isn’t increasing benefits but in education, but not all children are able to take advantage of the education they are offered due to their social conditioning. No easy answers, just questions.

31. David says:

I watched this programme last night and to say it was an eye opener for me is an understatement. I spent the whole thing alternating between feeling utterly utterly ashamed of myself and counting my blessings, Id been moaning earlir in the evening that i was skint, but had eaten my tea that id bought at M&S in front of my big HD tv with the heating up while sitting there in a pair of jeans that cost more money than Shelby saw in a month, for gods sake my dogs collar cost more than the poor kid gets to live on for a week. These people were just kids, KIDS and they’re disappearing through the cracks in the system. Sadly there didnt seem to be any answers, just more questions. I will NEVER complain about my lot again and i certainley wont be slamming ‘skivers’ as i have been. An excellent documentary that needs to be required viewing for so many people at the top. Also id be interested to know if the shopkeeper that told shelby there wasnt anything for her at the end of her six months has taken another youngster on at £55 for 30 hours a week, because it seems to me that if there was things for her to do while she was there then she should have been getting minimum wage at least.

32. concerned says:

Bridie and Amber need and deserve just as much help as Shelby, they havn’t done this to themselves. Smoking, drinking, wearing make up, they’re 17 for gods sake being asked to live a life that a 30 year old would be unprepared for. Bridie is clearly a pain and no doubt has a long history of mucking up last chances. That doesn’t change the fact that she deserves another chance, and another, and another. Who in that girls life has not let her down, is it any wonder she is the way she is. I hope this programme changes their lives

33. Nikki says:

Wow, just watched this programme and felt so sorry for shelby. Thanks for supplying an address so I can send her some things. I, too had been complaining earlier about how money was tight and what me and my three girls needed, how that programme made me rethink things. I hope the programme helps in some way to get her story heard and the help she deserves.

34. Stix says:

Agreed.. Bridie seems to have the potential. She just need to believe in herself, which can’t be easy if you spent your life with no hope for a brighter future. I hope that she makes it to the army I think she will be brilliant if she does.Shelby is amazing and she derserves a better life… Shame on the shop owner for paying her so little..

35. Hannah says:

I am in genuine tears, I feel so badl for Shelby, I like that she touched on the housing benefit reforms that cameron is proposing be cut for under 25′s, its so horrible. A great illustration of strength and courage.
    That pregnant girl openly smoking sickened me – she could save quite a lot if she stopped, nevermind the health of her unborn child! They all deserve better though :’(

36. Ruth says:

I was Bridie’s primary school teacher for two years. She was a lovely girl, a bit cheeky, but very likeable. I had a real soft spot for her. She did not have a supportive upbringing to say the least, (I couldn’t go into detail on here), and was never encouraged to aim high or to work hard, although whilst still at primary school, she did want to do well and loved attention and care. The programme made me so sad to see how life has turned out for her. She does definitely need some discipline in her life, and for someone to show that they care about her. I really hope things improve for Bridie. She is a product of her own upbringing.

37. Bilbo says:

Shelby is a fine young woman. Exactly the type of person the welfare state is designed to help. Doesn’t expect anything, gratefully receives the help she gets. I hope she succeeds in anything she wants to achieve. I’m sure with her attitude, she’ll do well.

38. Jana says:

Hi I’m just watching this program and I really like to help Shelby with her finance situation! How does one go about it ?

39. Alex says:

I’ve just stayed up to watch this, and really just wanted to give shelby a hug! Amber was a disgrace scrounging about for fags…

I really hope she’s got a lovely house and she’s well and that he is ok.. It was heart melting seeing her so excited to make soup, and that she was working for so little!

It was heart breaking to see her face at the credit union as she couldn’t afford to join… Wish I was closer and I would have paid for her to open an account

40. Lisa says:

Watched this programme twice now and I have to say that Shelby makes my heart break. She is an absolute role model for others in her situation, making the best of so little. She should be proud of her self motivation and attitude, carrying on working, saving, striving for a better life and smiling when some would just give up. She is someone that truly deserves better. Wishing her all the luck in the world.

41. Sophie says:

I think Shelby is a fantastic person and her attitude will make her succeed.

Is there a way to contact her as I would like to offer her financial assistance.

42. Sanjok says:

After watching the documentary, I personally think that Shelby was the smart and very understanding with so humble attitude, quietly smiling away the problems but doing something about it. She briefly talked about Cameroon axing the housing benefits for under 25′s and I think people should take that subject seriously. Cameroon claims to cut the welfare for reckless under 25 but by the looks of it Shelby is anything but reckless, and there are more people like Shelby. If the PM wants to stop welfare for the reckless than they should have a system that is detailed and able to pinpoint reckless individuals and not just group them. But that is what is wrong with these governments right now that have frameworks designed so that the rich gets even richer and the poor gets poorer and eventually diminishes.

43. Rosie says:

I couldn’t agree more that the 3 girls all need support an guidance
    Gawd knows how much the system lets our young people down not to mention the rest of us. There is no incentive for folk who are on benefits even having a job you are not always better off financially although you do feel better within yourdelf
    Unfortunately there are many more young people like these 3 young girls and if nothing is done there will be many more.
    When I left school there were YOP and YTS programmes 25 quid a week although I wasn’t a big fan at least we got some training and met new people. I’m not suggesting 25quid nowadays but maybe something to motivate our youngsters afterall THEY are the future
    Best of luck girls and Shelby was such an inspiration and I do hope she is not on her own with her baby. I’m sure she’ll make a great mum given half the chance.

44. Steve says:

David Cameron is a puppet, who is controlled by the government. He’s planning on cutting benefits, which will effect youngsters, like those in this documentary. Money is going to keep on getting tighter, then eventually paper money will be replaced by virtual money, resulting in everyone becoming dependent on the government. They will keep gong til everyone is living in poverty.
    Here is the link to the website if you want to help any of the girls in the documentary: http://truevisiontv.com/films/details/163/growing-up-poor-girls

45. Martin Kinsella says:

What drivel.

This was pure Daily Mail fodder showing the unemployed to be useless bums who sponge and ponce off the state when that is clearly not the case.

Shelby is a decent person. Bridie and Amber were portrayed as useless scrounging scumbags.

As a propoganda arm for the Daily Mail this documentary would have worked.

As a propoganda arm for Osbornes mean and callous benefits clampdown this will have worked.

Representing what the people are like who are not in work this panders to right wing prejudices and the air headed article does nothing to help.

A life on benefits is not easy and it is not full of useless lazy spongers like Amber and Bridie. Documentaries should stop presenting them as if they are the norm.

46. Martin Kinsella says:

Oh, and while we are at it why did the documentary not criticise the fact Shelby was working for her JSA instead of being paid the minimum wage.

Shelby is aspirational but was being exploited.

It is wrong she does a work placement for her JSA.

She is being used as cheap Labour. Not a problem for Dave and the Tory toffs inflicting this on the working man and woman.

47. Melissa Nay says:

I’ve just sent an e mail to website@truevisiontv.com in the hope that I can get some info as to how I can help Shelby ! Has anyone else had any luck in finding out an info re. Donations or sending gifts, vouchers etc ?? Any feedback would be appreciated !!

48. micky says:

Bridie is a victim of circumstance she hasnt had a fair crack of the whip and if she had things would be very different. She clearly has potential and there is something special about her. She has a quiet intelligence, insight and warmth about her. I really hope she makes it into the army so that she can become the best she can be. Im routing for you Bridie good luck.

49. Tom says:

Can’t afford food? Quit smoking. Quit drinking. For those of you who are about to say its not that easy, yes it is. It actually is.

Now, walking 20 miles a day to get a clean cup of water is not easy. Your house being bombed is not easy. Natural disasters are not easy. You get the point.

If I was one of our older generation who had to put up with actual strife, I would be foaming at the dentures looking at this with what they have quite literally sacrificed to protect.

50. Tom says:

And Martin Kinsella.

Tell me why her gaining experience is exploitation?

You seem like you would rather she sat on her hands all day and get the JSA?

And what is that about ‘inflicting this on the working man and woman’? the working man and woman pay her JSA and I for one fully back the scheme.

51. rinky stingpiece says:

Shame on those who criticised the current government, they’ve got short memories – these children grew up under Labour, and are blighted by it’s policies of a life of state dependence, and who are responsible for the locust-like swarm of immigrants that has devastated local areas and devoured low-skilled jobs that older generations had no trouble getting.

Amber was a depressing tragedy, as her mother seemed to realise, repeating the cycle.
    Although Shelby seemed to have a good attitude, and superficially be saying and doing the right things, I found Bridie to be the one with the most potential – a girl who could see that there was a world out there, and obviously lacked the parental guidance so many take for granted. Her anger was clearly the frustration of an intelligent girl trapped by circumstance, whereas the other two seemed to have more limited visions of their futures (if any at all).

State intervention of the direct kind is not what’s needed here; rather the indirect kind, where tax breaks are given to companies and organisations to take young white working class people out of the Labour hell-holes and train them to become the best they can be.

Never let anyone forget the horrendous destruction that the Labour party has done to this country (again) – they are to me, a terrorist organisation, not a political party. A sick cult that keeps people down, trapped in deprived areas like this where their hatred of the prosperous can be cultivated to yield a regular harvest of votes.

52. James Crash says:

The Tories and the Lib Dems are the most amoral, heartless, evil and downright disgusting bunch of lizards as has ever walked our soil. They would ConDem all these poor girls to the trash. They pick on the sick, disabled, the old and the voiceless-poor, so why the hell would they care about three (what they would consider) ‘wastrels’.
    It’s no good just saying “Oh isn’t Shelby lovely, so inspirational. How can I contact and help her?”(very dubious) We must cut out the cancer that perpetuates poverty and hopelessness, we must vote these vermin out.
    Labour betrayed us, wasting money on ID cards, letting the banksters run riot and signing us up to their counterfeit debt and war crimes BUT the evil filth merchants ‘in power’ now, are ‘next level’.
    If you want to help Shelby, help her by campaigning to oust these snakes. Her world and the world of other countless poor children will only improve when we realise that it’s how we treat the lowly, the unfortunate and the helpless millions trapped in poverty, that determines what kind of society we live in.
    This governments actions towards the poor are shameful. Their gutless, systematic dismantling of the NHS is a bloody demonic ritual that Thatcher only dared plan in secret.
    The gambling financial untouchables, the super rich and the bloated leech corporations caused this recession, not you, not me, not Shelby, Birdie or Amber. Know your enemy. The only good to come of this, is that it’s woken a good many up to the insepid evil that walks the halls of parliament. You can be damn sure I won’t rest until these filthy bluebloods are voted out of power and up on charges for crimes against humanity. And woe betide Labour if they ever take us down this path again (sadly, it already seems they are trying to placate the insideous, sociopathic right that think all unemployed, disabled and benefit recipients are no good, late-rising layabouts)
    I do not believe in god, flag waving, monarchy or celebrity but I do believe that the monies in our pockets and the brains in our skulls are the best weapons against these eugenecists. Refuse to spend money in their shops or online with these gambling, tax avoiding scum. Vote with your feet, wallets and loyalties. Amazon; gone, Starbucks; gone, Vodafone, Topshop, Boots gone gone gone. None of them will get a single one of my hard earned pennies until they mend their ways. The main welfare cheats and scroungers are the mega corporations not the underclass they use as kindling. Just one big swoop on a dozen of the biggest tax dodgers would make all other government cuts unnecessary and irrelevant. You must investigate your politicians and find out exactly they do and say on your behalf. Learn how laws are created, learn who the real people are that lobby for and create government policies. Join campaign groups, keep your eyes and ears open for political lies and misdirection. Don’t blindly accept the news. BBC, ITV, CNN, etc are all guilty of belching out government sanctioned lies. It’s the rule not the exception, especially when it comes to war, welfare and economics. (how many reporters shamefully embed with troops during illegal wars and conflicts or have secret sources that leak ‘controversial’ government inadequacies) It’s all too easy just to believe the dribble from some reporters well rehearsed drawl.
    Wake up now before it’s too late!
    How can we sit by and let innocent little toddlers be raised and suffer in such poverty. I know some will blame the parents but how can anyone with even an ounce of compassion or humanity punish little ones under ANY circumstances.
    Torturers of our poor little children, know who you are and know your time will come!!!!!!!
    KNOW YOUR ENEMY! VOTE THEM OUT WITH BALLOTS AND BANKNOTES !!!!!! Good luck to us all.

53. Katie says:

To make a donation to the girls the info is on this page

54. Kelly says:

How go I make a donation for Shelby?

55. :) says:

I respected bridie alot. I’ve been in her situation and can see why she gets mad. I moved eight times last year and Im only 19. Belive me its stressfull not having a stable place to live and can lead you a stray. Much Respect to her for puttin up with it and wanting to get away from it all. Get your self in army lass xxx

css.php