New documentary will claim Sir Jimmy Savile created kids’ TV shows to have access to children

by Lynn Connolly

Mark Williams-Thomas, the criminologist who exposed allegations of child abuse against the late TV presenter Sir Jimmy Savile – in Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile – is preparing a follow up documentary entitled, Exposure Update – The Jimmy Savile Investigation…

And in the film, which will air on ITV1 next Wednesday at 10.35pm, we’ll hear Williams-Thomas allege that Savile purposely proposed ideas for childrens’ TV shows in order to have unfettered access to minors.

The Radio Times quotes Williams-Thomas as saying, “I can very clearly tell you now that he created his television series as a vehicle for his offending.

“I believe he engineered his programmes within the BBC and Radio Luxembourg in order to gain access to children…

“The classic examples are Top of the Pops, Savile’s Travels, Jim’ll Fix It – all of them gave him access to young children. That’s why there were so many victims.”

In the first exposé, Williams-Thomas said of Savile, “[He was] one of the most prolific sex offenders ever to be uncovered in this country”.

During the interview with RT, Williams-Thomas added, “Now we’re able to show that Savile’s offending behaviour spanned four decades and many hundreds of victims.

“This isn’t just someone who offended only against 13, 14 and 15-year-olds. It’s someone who offended against ten-year-olds.”

Williams-Thomas went on to say that the “enormity of his findings” in the first documentary about Savile only hit home when he learned that Savile’s headstone had been removed from his grave, then crushed and placed into landfill, all on the instructions of his family.

Of that, he said, “It was a visual image – a message to the public from the family that said: ‘We believe this man was a child abuser.’”

He also states that the 36 alleged victims he has personally spoken to are seeking closure on their experiences, and not money.

He said, “They don’t want a penny from Savile. They just want the truth to be on record, to be listened to, to be believed.”

And finally, he said, “I think there will be further arrests over the forthcoming days, weeks and months of people who were party to offending alongside Savile.”

As mentioned, Exposure Update – The Jimmy Savile Investigation, will be screened on ITV1 next Wednesday at 10.35pm, but in case you missed the first documentary, here it is…

Lynn is an editor and writer here at Unreality TV and is trained psychotherapist and the author of two books. She's addicted to soaps, period drama and reality TV shows such as X Factor, I'm A Celeb and Big Brother.

1 Comment

  1. kent on November 13, 2012 at 1:41 pm

    This man embodies all that is evil in the British Police Force today!
    ie presuming and prejudging a man (who cannot now defend himself) to be guilty. Whatever happened to INNOCENT til PROVEN guilty!!! – is it now to be ‘innocent til rumours and allegations are published’.

    BTW, Just how much money is he making out of this?

Comments are closed.