New series of Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway to rival BBC’s The Voice
Fans of Geordie duo Ant & Dec will doubtless be pleased to hear that a new series of their hit Saturday night show, Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, is coming back to our screens in early spring next year.
However, the BBC may not be too pleased, given that ITV chiefs are intending to schedule the show to clash with the new series of The Voice, which, during its first outing this year, struggled in the ratings when it was pitted against Britain’s Got Talent.
A show insider told the Daily Star, “It’s war. Ant and Dec plus Cowell equals winners.”
Saturday Night Takeaway last aired in 2009, and of reprising the show, Declan Donnelly said, “It’s very exciting and we have lots of new ideas.
“It feels like a new project again. We can’t wait to start…”
And of course, BGT will also return next year, again to coincide with The Voice 2013. So far, all of last year’s judges – David Walliams, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and of course, Simon Cowell – are pegged to return.
Here’s a reminder of Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, and don’t forget, they’re back on ITV next week with a new series of Red or Black…