Producer for the new Queen album has been confirmed and he’s worked with plenty of big names!

Adam Lambert with Brian May

Adam Lambert with Brian May

We’ve known for quite some time that a new Queen album is on the way, and will feature vocals from the late, great Freddie Mercury.

Queen guitarist Brian May confirmed the news back in May that he and the band’s drummer, Roger Taylor were working on something new.

The album is expected to be released before Christmas and could be called ‘Queen Forever’ but for now, what we do know is who is producing the record.

Taking to Twitter, producer William Orbit confirmed: “Am definitely working with QUEEN. Amazing songs. That’s all I’m saying for now. Watch this space.”

Orbit has worked with a host of huge names in the business over the years so he certainly isn’t some new guy fresh out of college looking to put something together.

Photo Credit: Neal Preston

Photo Credit: Neal Preston

The producer has worked with the likes of Britney Spears, Madonna, Blur, and had previously confirmed in July of 2013 that he was working on a special duet.

Orbit confirmed the duet was between Mercury and the late Michael Jackson and is something that could feature on the forthcoming album.

Brian May, who along with Roger Taylor is currently on tour with Adam Lambert spoke with BBC Radio Wales about the recordings explaining that they “had to start from scratch”.

“It’s quite emotional. It’s the big, big Queen ballads and the big, big epic sound.” May added that Mercury’s vocals for the album were recorded in the 1980s.

Queen's guitar player Brian May performs

This new album from Queen will be their second to feature previously unheard Freddie Mercury vocals since his death in 1991.

Released in 1995 ‘Made In Heaven’ featured bassist John Deacon who has since quit the band and will not feature on the forthcoming release.

Free’s Paul Rodgers also released an album with Queen back in 2008 – ‘The Cosmos Rocks’ where he acted as the groups singer but since left in 2009 – enter Adam Lambert who has been their vocalist since 2012.

Are you looking forward to a new album from Queen? Are you a Queen fan who hasn’t heard Adam Lambert as their vocalist? You’re missing out. Check out the group below.

Related: ,

1. Sherry on August 4, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I’m very excited about the Queen album coming out later this year and hearing previously unreleased music. I also hope “Love Kills” is on it and Adam is the vocalist. He’s been performing this crowd favorite during the latest tour.

2. Sue on August 4, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I wonder if there will be comparisons of Freddie singing Love Kills on the new Queen album and Adam singing it live in concert. For so long, everyone has been saying that “Adm is no Freddie Mercury.” Now, with Adam singing the song first, will people compare Freddie to Adam and maybe say that Freddie is no Adam?” I really believe that Adam has the better voice in range, power and interpretation. I also believe that if Adam was Queen’s first singer, people would be saying that Freddie is no Adam. This should be an interesting switch of who came first to the public.

3. Trudy on August 5, 2014 at 3:16 am

I just listened to the sort of disco version of Freddie’s Love Kills on youtube. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Orbit will rework this tune. Adam’s version is quite emotional. Here is my favourite and listen to the intro by Brian:

4. Yvette on August 5, 2014 at 3:28 pm

LOVE KILLS is Incredible because of Adam Lamberts Extraordinary Emotional Powerful Voice. Adam digs so deep into his heart and soul when he he sings the song becomes alive..Adam Lambert makes you live it with him. No one else can sing Love Kills after Adam has sang it Live, Raw and with such feelings. Any song Adam sings he just makes his own. I can’t wait for Adams new solo music, but this Dream Team really should make more Magic and record together if the songs can be remixed for a current radio hit. The Dream Team needs to come back to the USA and finish up the States they didn’t hit..The fires HOTTTT…Keep it burning! This is a History making tour..they are a GIFT TO EACH OTHER!

5. Susie Simpson on August 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I saw Queen + Adam Lambert in Dallas, Tx 7/10/2014. It was an epic show and I never thought in the 90s when introducing my young sons to Queen and their music that I would ever been in the same room with Roger Taylor and Brian May. Adam Lambert did an awesome job. I adored the concert drove 775 miles round trip to get there. I look forward to more of Queen and their music. Rip Freddie~ Brian May is fabulous on guitar gave me shivers it was so good. I cried 3 times during the show it was that powerful. A dream fulfilled.

6. Ali on August 5, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Can we quit with the comparisons please. Freddie was unique. Adam is unique. They have incredible but very very different voices. Love them both and appreciate their sound and how they make you feel. It’s like –what– comparing two opera singers, one a true tenor and the other a baritone. Both rock.

7. Diane on August 6, 2014 at 1:21 am

Brian and Roger,
    Please, please please include songs sung by Adam. It would be great to have the songs sung by Freddie, AND some sung by Adam. Adam is so awesome, I want to hear him, too! Sales would go through the roof if you include both.
    Thank you!!!!

8. Yvette on August 6, 2014 at 4:04 am

Queen must keep recording separate from Adam and Freddie, just like they did with Paul Rogers. It will be an amazing CD of music Queen recorded with Freddie that never got released. That is special to them and not to be tampered with at all…it is QUEEN! They are Legendary and those recordings will be very special!
    IF they do any recordings with Adam it would have to be its own separate collaboration.
    I really hope they will, but they also NEED TO COME BACK TO THE USA, (MILWAUKEE PLEASE) AND FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED!! ROCK THE USA!! Thankx guys..I LOVE YOU!! Best concerts of my life!! MORE PLEASE! XO