“If Queen perform this year, it will be with Adam Lambert” says Brian May

Adam Lambert Queen

Queen Adam Lambert 2

Things have gone slightly quiet in terms of Adam Lambert news this past week or so but fear not we’ve got some news tonight.

The news doesn’t just involve Adam Lambert however, it turns out that Queen guitarist Brian May has said that if the band perform live this year then it’ll involve Adam.

We’ve known that following on from the success of their last performance together that both parties would be crazy to not do it again.

Brian May spoke with Planet Rock and confirmed that Queen are looking to do some live dates throughout 2014 and confirmed that if they do hit the road then they’ll be taking Adam with them.

Adam Lambert Queen

May said: “I think we may do some Queen gigs later on this year. I’m probably not supposed to say this, but we’re looking at doing something.”

“Of course, Adam Lambert is a great frontman and we know already that works, so we’d be looking towards some gigs with Adam, hopefully. I’m excited about that, if it happens.”

Brian May also spoke in the interview about how he believes that Adam Lambert is a perfect fit for the band.

He added: “[Adam Lambert] doesn’t copy Freddie [Mercury] in any sense whatsoever, which is great. I would hate to do it with a copyist.”

Adam-Lambert-Brian-May

“Adam has an amazing range and he is one of the few male singers in the world that can handle all those vocals at the original pitch. He’s an entertainer and he’s nice to be around.”

He continued: “You’ve got to work with people that you like and feel comfortable with and he definitely qualifies for that. If it happens this year, it will be with Adam.”

Are you excited now that we’re starting to get some more news in terms of performances? What more do you hope to see other than Adam performing with Queen?

Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter & Facebook. We really do love hearing from each and every one of you.

Watch Adam Lambert perform the Queen classic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ with the band back in 2012.

1. Mal on January 20, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Watched Queen perform with Adam at IHeart concert on TV, EMA award show, the European concerts and Hammersmith. Wished I could have been at all of them. If they perform anywhere on/near the east coast, I will go. It is a concert that will be a once in a lifetime experience.

2. Rich R.g on January 20, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I will so get to at least one of the shows, can’t wait.

3. queenrosered on January 20, 2014 at 11:29 pm

We were there at the IHeart concert and were so very blown away by Adam Lambert with Queen! And Brian May and Roger Taylor are ALSO blown away which is even MORE important! We live in Las Vegas and are crossing our fingers for at least one BIG show at the MGM Grand or maybe even at one of our larger outdoor venues! Thanks Unreality TV! (PS: Folks WILL come from all over the world to see them in Vegas baby!)

4. Trudy on January 20, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Are they coming to Canada? And when can I buy tickets….
    Adam has told us before that 2014 will be “wild”. I hope this is going to a big year for him. He deserves respect and recognition in North America.

5. Love Adam on January 21, 2014 at 3:49 am

I can’t wait Adam and Queen perform together again:) they were amazing:)

6. glamity58 on January 21, 2014 at 4:53 am

Please make this collab happen soon. My DVDs of Adam and Queen overseas are wearing out. I need to see this live. It’s number one on my bucket list (tied with seeing a new Adam album). Maybe Adam’s schedule with Glee and working out a deal with his new record company has to be done first. I will travel in the US anywhere to see this.

7. Sonyta Glambert on January 21, 2014 at 5:27 am

I love queen with Adam lambert perform on great concert, they make me happy ,because they had talented together:)

8. Lily on January 21, 2014 at 5:51 am

@glamity58: Yes, we need to see more of Adam. We need the Queen collab., Glee, new record label and new music. It’s time to here Adam on the radio again. It’s been a long time since If I Had You ruled one summer.
    I’m also going to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race because Adam is going to be a judge. I cannot wait to see that!!!

9. Dana on January 21, 2014 at 6:29 am

I’ve been a total Queen fan for over 30 years to the point where Freddie’s death affected me like a family members. When I saw Adam perform on Idol I thought back then that Freddie had been re-born and wanted so much for him to front Queen. When it happened I cried for weeks!!!!! What an incredible talented human being and an extraordinarily amazing band.
    My biggest wish now is for them to make it “Down Under”!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

10. Clyde on January 21, 2014 at 8:12 am

Queen one of the greatest rock band of the century and Adam one of the greatest vocalist in our lifetime! I am really looking forward to this wonderful fusion of talent .

11. Bea burns on January 21, 2014 at 9:48 am

Anyone who has heard adam sing with queen will admit this is what the music has been waiting for.
    It’s about time Americans hear the amazing talent of adam lambert , and what a better way it showcase it than with Queen! After the Iheart music feastivel , even my husband converted to be a fan. They were the best act there and blew everyone away. Maybe with Queen the radio stations won’t be able to ignore Adams talent anymore. What a breath of fresh air to hear real music again!!

12. melody on January 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I’m there, just give me the time,place and date

13. Jenny on January 21, 2014 at 4:08 pm

On Brian May’s blog, he said there will be some tour dates and that “they (him and Roger) drank on it” during their last Queen meeting. So fricken excited!!! Thinking of going to every show on the east coast. 🙂

14. Mel on January 21, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I will do whatever it takes to make one of those Queen + Adam Lambert concerts! Lambert kills it with Queen, and it’s such good music, so great to hear it live again with a vocalist that is up to the task! Dragon Attack slays. I don’t have Lambert’s first disc, but “Trespassing” was frickin excellent imo, wish radio would get on board (not that I can even deal with radio anymore, not Top 40 anyway, same short list of songs over and over, makes a consumer wanna use the ipod adapter forever!!)

15. imrah on January 21, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Queen+Adam is magical, a match made in heaven. A total perfection. Eagerly waiting for their show together here in the US..please make it happen.

16. Rachel on January 22, 2014 at 1:54 am

One of the best collaborations of all time. I can’t wait to see Adam perform with Queen live. It’s the perfect match-up. Who Wants to Live Forever was made for Adam and I never get tired of hearing him sing it.

17. Sea on January 22, 2014 at 2:13 am

Agreed Rachel. “Who Wants To Live Forever” was indeed made for Adam. What a talent!!!!

18. Sue on January 22, 2014 at 2:27 am

The fact that the possible tour dates toward the later part of the year makes me wonder if Adam will do some of his new songs at the same time as he is touring with Queen. It would be great exposure for Adam to sing his songs at a Queen concert. they could easily replace the instrumental and May/Taylor section in the middle with Adam singing his new and some old songs. That would give Brian and Roger a break during the concert where Adam’s band could play while Adam sings his own songs.

If they do tour, I would like to see Adam stay away from Brian during his performances. Adam hangs close to Brian during many songs and it makes it appear that Adam doesn’t feel worthy of holding the stage on his own. I know that that is not true. It just appears to me like that. Also, I think Adam has to take more credit for himself during audience applause rather than deferring to Brian and Roger. It is a nice gesture to defer to them, but it takes away from Adam’s confidence in his own talent and the fact that he deserves the opportunity to front Queen.

If you watch Brian during the iheart radio concert, there is one instance where Brian seems to be surprised at the reception that Queen received and that so many of the fans knew the songs.

I think a tour with Queen would bring Adam the recognition he deserves. I would love to see a live DVD of the concert and a live CD.

19. glamity58 on January 22, 2014 at 3:51 am

I just can’t agree with you. I love Adam hanging close to Brian May and giving them accolades. He should be appreciative of this opportunity. They are not his songs but he sings them well. I do hope they sing a new song together or Adam does one or two of his own songs with them playing along. All I care about is this tour happening. I’ve been waiting five years (since IDOL) for this to happen.

20. glamity58 on January 22, 2014 at 3:54 am

Yes Lily it’s time we heard Adam on the radio again. I haven’t listened for years but I’ll turn it back on if I hear he’s on.

21. glamity58 on January 22, 2014 at 3:56 am

Dana, you said exactly what I was feeling. He could easily fill in for Freddie (can’t replace him and doesn’t copy him). I purchased all the DVDs of Queen’s performances with Adam and I enjoy them so much. I was hoping for an official DVD from Queen, but the one from Kiev was done very well. Now I need to see them live.

22. glamity58 on January 22, 2014 at 4:51 am

If people thought the iHeart Radio Music Festival was good, they are missing out. The shows Adam did with Queen in Europe were out of this world. Kiev was unbelievable. iHeart was great, but Kiev and Hammersmith were off the map! We need them to perform in America.

23. qypsyqueen on January 22, 2014 at 10:10 am

Brian found a long-lost song = maybe Adam sings it.