This morning (Monday 6th of January) Ed Sheeran took to his Twitter account to announce a tour of the UK & Ireland set for later this year.
Following the announcement his manager Stuart Camp took questions from fans via his own Twitter account and was asked about the next album from Sheeran.
Fans have been asking for quite sometime about the follow-up to the 2011 smash hit ‘+’ and it seems like we may now have an answer.
Though it’s not definite Stuart Camp did confirm that the second album would be released prior to the tour beginning on October 6th.
Answering the fans question he tweeted: “The new album will be out by time of the tour, news on that soon.”
Other fans in Europe, were also asking when Ed would be touring there to which his manager replied: “before end of this year” before adding that there would be “news in a couple of months re mainland Europe”.
Tickets as we said this morning for Sheeran’s new tour will go on sale at 9am UK time on the 10th of January. They will be available from all the usual outlets.
If you missed the full list of tour dates earlier then take a look at them below:
- Monday 6th October – Dublin, 02 Arena
- Wednesday 8th October – Belfast, Odyssey Arena
- Saturday 11th October – Leeds First Direct Arena
- Sunday 12th October – O2 Arena, London
- Monday 13th October – O2 Arena, London
- Sunday 19th October – LG Arena, Birmingham
- Monday 20th October – LG Arena, Birmingham
- Thursday 23rd October – Capital FM Arena, Nottingham
- Saturday 25th October – Newcastle Arena
- Monday 27th October – Phones 4U Arena, Manchester
- Tuesday 28th October – Phones 4U Arena, Manchester
- Thursday 30th October – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Watch the official music video for ‘Give Me Love’ which was taken from Ed’s hugely successful 2011 album ‘+’ below.