Ever since Downton Abbey first arrived onto our screens it appears that we are in the middle of a costume drama resurgence. In the past few months we’ve had Mr Selfridge, Ripper Street, The Paradise as well as Downton Abbey’s staggeringly successful third series. Now we add to this BBC1′s The Lady Vanishes an adaptation of The Wheel Spins by Ethel Lena White however this isn’t the first time the story has been bought to the screen. In fact most people will know The Lady Vanishes best as a 1938 film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and was later remade in 1979. This latest adaptation claims to modernise the story however I personally feel that nothing new was really offered here.
Latest Television News
- EastEnders Spoilers: Denise Van Outen “in talks” to become new landlady of the Queen Vic!
- Sherlock: Benedict Cumberbatch spotted filming series 3 in London and is upset at only being credited for his voice in the Hobbit!
- Emmerdale Spoilers: Dominic Power takes us behind the scenes as Cameron Murray exhumes Alex Moss’ body!
- Scott and Bailey Episode Seven Review: Suranne Jones and Lesley Sharp continue to shine in an episode which sees Janet and Rachel’s friendship threatened and the identity of the mole revealed
- The Apprentice Episode Four: Neil Clough puts all of his faith in Kurt Wilson’s milkshakes while Luisa Zissman and Myles Mordaunt clash
- Ratings: Tuesday 21st May: Dancing with the Stars finale takes the crown, with The Voice coming in second place
- American Horror Story: Coven Spoilers: Emma Roberts cast as the party girl character and AHS leads the way at the Critics Television Awards
- Scott and Bailey Episode Seven: Janet throws Rachel out of her house causing the pair’s friendship to suffer
- X Factor 2013: Louis Walsh slams Girls Aloud saying Nadine Coyle & Cheryl Cole want to be ‘the skinniest & go out with the most famous footballer’
- Women keep throwing bras at X Factor’s Lucy Spraggan as Lighthouse video is released!
- Strictly Come Dancing star Louis Smith reveals a housewarming party at his luxury pad “Got pretty rowdy”
- Cheryl Cole leaves X Factor behind & brands Girls Aloud Kimberley Walsh ‘Wife material’
- X Factor 2013 hit with £6million wages bill for judges Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow & Nicole Scherzinger!
- Kelly Rowland announces ‘Talk a Good Game’ tracklisting
- Facebook in hot water over using Eminem’s ‘Under the Influence’ in an advertisement without permission
- Justin Bieber to sue party-blabbers $5m if they talk about his parties, tweeting is an extra $5m
- Dexter Season 8: 6 MASSIVE spoilers from the official trailer
- Game Of Thrones Season 3 spoilers: The Rains of Castamere