It’s been reported today that police officers working on Operation Yewtree, the inquiry that was established after allegations of sex offences were made against late DJ and TV personality Jimmy Savile, have been “shocked” to discover what’s been described as “lists of names of the victims”.
Apparently the “lists” were found in a flat above a record shop in Manchester, hidden by layers of wallpaper and plaster. Read more & comment »
As ITV soap Coronation Street continues to be rocked by the arrests of three of its stars, Bill Roache, Michael Le Vell and former cast member Andrew Lancel – all of whom strenuously deny any wrongdoing – it’s been revealed that a former Emmerdale actor has also been quizzed regarding allegations that he committed a sexual offence against a 13 year old boy.
The Daily Mirror today reports that it was alleged the unnamed actor “lured the alleged victim there by falsely promising he would get to meet famous people.”
The paper adds, “Police investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal have taken lengthy statements from a man who claims he was attacked when he was 13 years old… Read more & comment »
With the suspect list in Operation Yewtree still seemingly growing by the day, another celebrity has now been arrested by police on suspicion of sexual offences.
Former Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning is reportedly the 72 year old man who was arrested on Tuesday June 4th, who at the time was not named for legal reasons.
Read more & comment »
As we reported recently, TV veteran Rolf Harris has been arrested and questioned by police after allegations of sexual offences were made against him.
The arrest was part of the inquiry that was set up by police in the wake of the Sir Jimmy Savile scandal – and entitled Operation Yewtree – which is investigating allegations made not only about Savile but also, “others.”
Several high-profile male celebrities have been quizzed as part of the investigation, and so far, all the men in question – with the exception of convicted paedophile Gary Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd – have strenuously denied any wrongdoing, Rolf included. Read more & comment »
It’s been reported this morning that telly favourite Rolf Harris has been arrested as part of the Jimmy Savile and “others” police inquiry which is named Operation Yewtree.
The Sun reports, “The 83-year-old TV star and singer was held over historic sex abuse allegations by police from the inquiry set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal.
“Senior detectives have been investigating Harris, who once painted the Queen, for more than four months.” Read more & comment »
As fans of comedian Jim Davidson may know, in January of this year, he was supposed to be happily ensconced in the Celebrity Big Brother house, however, following his arrest and questioning by the police in relation to their Operation Yewtree inquiry, he had to pull out of the show at the last minute.
The inquiry was of course set up to investigate allegations of sexual offences made against the late Jimmy Savile and “others”. Arrests of high profile celebrities have of course followed.
However, Jim, who’s been arrested twice now, is vigorously fighting the allegations, and earlier this year, he told The Sun, “I’ve never forced myself on a girl in my life.” Read more & comment »
Former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman has revealed that in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal – and after inquiry Operation Yewtree was launched by police naming Savile and “others” in connection with allegations of child sex abuse – he voluntarily went to police in order to discuss his romance with a teenaged girl…
Bill, who was in the Stone from 1962 until 1993, volunteered to talk to the police about his relationship with his second wife Mandy Smith, who, it’s been alleged, Bill first had a sexual relationship with when she was 14 years old.
Bill, who’s now 76, said, “I went to the police and I went to the public prosecutor and said: ‘Do you want to talk to me?’ and I got a message back: ‘No.’ Read more & comment »
In wake of the shocking scandal surrounding the late BBC presenter, Jimmy Savile, it has allegedly been revealed that Scotland Yard, who are now leading the case against Savile called Operation Yewtree, received, and buried a letter exposing Savile’s paedophilic activities FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!
According to the Sun newspaper police officers received the anonymous letter back in 1998 but, rather than investigating into the claims they marked the evidence as “sensitive” and filed away.
Read more & comment »
It’s been revealed today that the penthouse flat where the late DJ and TV presenter Sir Jimmy Savile lived – and where he was interviewed by documentary maker Louis Theroux – is to be demolished in the wake of the scandal that’s seen hundreds of people accusing Savile of having sexually assaulted them.
The apartment in Roundhay Park, Leeds, is where Savile lived alone for thirty years right up to his death in 2011, and it’s alleged to be where Savile carried out many of the attacks.
The Daily Star reports that the property has been purchased by a developer who plans to knock it down and rebuild on the site.
An unnamed source said, “The guy who has bought the flat wants to start again so there won’t be a single window or wall remaining from when Savile was there… Read more & comment »
It’s been reported today that the late TV presenter and DJ Sir Jimmy Savile allegedly sexually abused an 11 year old girl as she lay dying in her bed at Great Ormond Street hospital.
Branding Savile as the UK’s “worst sex beast,” The Sun reports that the young victim alleged that Savile had fondled her when he made one of his frequent visits to the hospital. She apparently told a relative about the shocking incident shortly before she died.
In a report released yesterday about the Savile scandal, police heading up Operation Yewtree – the inquiry into allegations against Savile and “others” – it was revealed that Savile “used his position as a BBC star to prey on vulnerable children — and fool the country into thinking he was a loveable national treasure.” Read more & comment »
Comedian Jim Davidson was of course supposed to be in the Celebrity Big Brother house right now, however he was forced to pull out of the Channel 5 show after he was arrested just days before the reality TV series launched last week.
As we reported, Jim was arrested by police who are heading up Operation Yewtree, an inquiry that was established to deal with allegations of sexual assaults that were made against the late TV presenter and DJ Sir Jimmy Savile and “others.”
Jim’s arrest came after two women accused him of “groping” them when they were teenagers, which is an allegation Jim strongly denies.
And in his first interview since his arrest, Jim has told The Sun, “I’ve never forced myself on a girl in my life.”
59 year old Jim, who was released on police bail without charge, added, “It’s not in my make-up to do what I’ve been accused of… Read more & comment »
It’s A Knockout star Stuart Hall appeared in court yesterday to answer charges relating to allegations that he sexually abused a nine year old.
As we reported recently, Stuart became one of several male celebrities who were arrested and questioned as part of the Jimmy Savile and “others” inquiry which police have called Operation Yewtree.
He was also questioned about alleged indecent assaults upon two teenagers, which apparently occurred in 1974.
Stuart, who also formerly commentated for BBC Radio 5 Live football matches – he has been suspended pending the outcome of this case – entered a plea of not guilty to all charges during the hearing yesterday at Preston Magistrates’ Court… Read more & comment »
With Operation Yewtree still in full swing, investigating the indecent and illegal behaviour the late Top Of The Pops presenter, Jimmy Savile engaged in with underage girls and boys, one of his peers, magician Paul Daniels, has sensationally admitted to doing the same!
The Sun newspaper today reports that former Strictly Come Dancing contestant, Daniels now 74, has revealed the details of a passionate encounter with a drunk hitch-hiker who, unbeknown to him at the time, was still at school.
Read more & comment »
Ever since ITV aired a documentary that was compiled by Mark Williams-Thomas about the late TV presenter and DJ Jimmy Savile, the allegations of child sex abuse leveled at Savile and others has rocked the nation.
And of course, many want to know why Savile’s conduct wasn’t detected or reported during his lifetime, particularly as many of the alleged abuses took place on BBC premises.
In addition, several celebrities as well as high profile BBC staff have since come forward to say they were aware of allegations about Savile’s conduct with minors, but they either did nothing or were ignored when they tried to bring the subject to the attention of anyone in authority.
So it’s unsurprising to learn that former BBC Director General George Entwistle was allegedly “warned” about Savile by a former employee. Read more & comment »
It’s been reported today that a number of the UK’s “biggest rock stars” are due to be questioned as part of the ongoing police inquiry into allegations of child sex abuse against the late Sir Jimmy Savile and “others.”
As part of Operation Yewtree, it’s expected that the latest round of arrests will relate to allegations that some stars of the music industry had sexual relations with underage “groupies” during the sixties and seventies.
We reported recently that PR guru Max Clifford had predicted this may happen, saying that many of those who will be – or have been accused – “never asked for anybody’s birth certificate.”
So far, Operation Yewtree officers have identified at least 450 abuse victims and of the investigation, Commander Peter Spindler said, “We are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale… Read more & comment »