Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 24 hours then we’re sure by now you’ll have seen the astounding performance from Miley Cyrus from last nights MTV VMAs.
A ‘car crash’ as described by many as the 20 year old former Disney Channel star ‘twerked’ her way across the stage bumping and grinding up against ‘Blurred Lines’ singer Robin Thicke.
Don’t worry, we’re not even 100% what ‘twerking’ is or why it even exists but I don’t think it’s all that important but the performance has left the internet very amused throughout the day.
The best thing to come out of the performance is probably the reaction that the performance got from celebrities and from us normal folks. Earlier we brought you a whole list of reactions from across the internet and now we bring you something slightly different.
Miley Cyrus at the VMAs debuted a very unique look – no, we’re not going to go all Gok Wan with this one, instead, we’re going to compare who the star reminded us of with her funky hair do and boy I’ve had fun looking over the internet to make my own Top 5.
5. Remember that old kids TV show ‘Rugrats’? I’m sure you do. Well you’ll remember the older kid Angelica. Her doll was called Cynthia and she definitely popped up on my search as someone who Miley Cyrus looked like.
4. There’s a reason the title of this post says ‘things’ and not ‘people’. See why below. Looking away from Miley’s face her rear end was on show quite a bit as well and many people have compared that to a chicken and we can sort of see where they’re coming from. She may want to stop twerking and start squating.
3. The next photo is slightly terrifying as it features Jim Carrey in a bikini, yes you read that correctly, in a bikini. I can’t quite remember why he was wearing it (anyone?) but he was but the fact he looks like Miley Cyrus is just hilarious but really, it’s a good look for neither.
2. This one was sent to me from a friend and it really made me laugh. If you don’t know who he is then let me tell you. This guy is known as ‘Coolio’ and is a rapper probably known for his hit ‘Gangsta’s Paradise’ – check it out on YouTube.
1. Last and by no means least is a Star Wars character, yes, you guessed it Jar Jar Binks – and you can’t deny the resemblance.
So what do you think? Did you find anyone or anything better that we could have added. These are just my favourites and made me laugh the most. I’m sure this thing will die down eventually but let’s all laugh while we can.